Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fit up pressure washer hose

It looks like my sewer and drainfield are very likely to be froze up when I
get home in a few days...

I own a hot pressure washer that I got from Northern Tool. They don't sell
the exact same model anymore but its very similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/25qq5r

I'm planning on ordering 100' of hose and a sewer nozzle from these folks:
http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com...ozzle_hose.asp

I see the hose comes in three different sizes. Nominal 1/8, 1/4, 3/8. I bet
these aren't exact measurements. Nor are they NPT pipe sizes. (I've had the
wand off - IIRC, its a straight machine thread that tightens against a seal)

I have a neighbor that can use a caliper. He could take a measurement or
two.

Can anyone help me with which hose to order? What measurements would
identify the hose I have?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

It looks like my sewer and drainfield are very likely to be froze up when I
get home in a few days...

I own a hot pressure washer that I got from Northern Tool. They don't sell
the exact same model anymore but its very similar to this:
http://tinyurl.com/25qq5r

I'm planning on ordering 100' of hose and a sewer nozzle from these folks:
http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com...ozzle_hose.asp

I see the hose comes in three different sizes. Nominal 1/8, 1/4, 3/8. I bet
these aren't exact measurements. Nor are they NPT pipe sizes. (I've had the
wand off - IIRC, its a straight machine thread that tightens against a seal)

Those 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8 are almost certainly NPT sizes. What you have on
your pressure washer is most likely the metric 22mm coupling that is the
norm on most pressure washers I've seen. You likely need the 3/8" NPT
sewer nozzle and 3/8" NPT sewer hose, along with a 3/8 FNPT to 22mm male
adapter.

http://www.pressure-washer-parts.com/twistconnects.asp

A call to Northern could probably confirm the fitting you have, but if
it isn't the sliding sleeve quick connect (similar to the air quick
connects), and it's not a tapered NPT thread, it's almost certainly the
22mm metric fitting.

I think the female end of the 22mm fitting is normally on the hose side,
not the gun, but for the few dollars, you could get one of each adapter
from 3/8 NPTF to insure you have the correct end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up. I'm
thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I have
fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the
diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up. I'm
thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I have
fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the
diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

From what I'm seeing, you would install the 3/8" FNPT sewer nozzle on
one end of the 3/8" MNPT 100' sewer hose, install the 3/8" FNPT to 22mm
metric adapter on the other end of the 100' sewer hose, and then the
22mm metric fitting would couple to the pressure washer gun in place of
the normal lance / nozzle assembly so you still have the on/off trigger
control.

That M22 metric connection is the only non NPT and non QC fitting I've
seen used on pressure washers. Looking in the Northern catalog,
everything is either an NPT thread (mostly 3/8"), the QC connection, or
the M22 connection.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up. I'm
thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I have
fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the
diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

Hmm, looking at that site again, I see they don't list a 3/8" sewer
hose, even though they list 3/8" sewer nozzles. So correct what I said
to 1/4" NPT sewer nozzle to 1/4" NPT sewer hose to 1/4" NPTF to M22 male
adapter to couple to your pressure washer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This site has a good parts list plus they give some descriptions if you read
through the different pages. It sounds like you have M22 hose connections,
you might want to consider converting over to quick connections, Except if
you are going to use a sewer jeter nozzle I would screw that directly onto
the hose end. That way it doesn't come off accidentally inside the sewer.

http://www.ultimatewasher.com/sewer-jetter-hoses.htm

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
anews.com...
Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up.
I'm thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I
have fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the
diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:

Maybe I'm missing the whole concept of where to hook this sewer hose up. I'm
thinking take the hose wand off. Attach the sewer hose. That way, I have
fifty feet of existing hose to put down the line.

No way is this as large as 22 mm , nearly one inch. IIRC, its about the
diameter of my little finger. Or even a bit smaller.

Karl

Hmm, looking at that site again, I see they don't list a 3/8" sewer
hose, even though they list 3/8" sewer nozzles. So correct what I said
to 1/4" NPT sewer nozzle to 1/4" NPT sewer hose to 1/4" NPTF to M22 male
adapter to couple to your pressure washer.

Well, what's the verdict, does your PW use the M22 connection? Did you
get the hose and nozzle? Was the septic frozen? Bored minds want to
know...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Well, what's the verdict, does your PW use the M22 connection? Did you
get the hose and nozzle? Was the septic frozen? Bored minds want to
know...

The hose is 3/8 NPT. I've ordered the stuff and its due at my neighbor's
house in a couple days. I also got a coupling from 1/4 to 3/8 NPT. I'm part
way on my 2000 mile migration right now. Should be home on Saturday.

SWMBO will make sure I have the toilets working before I get any rest.

P.S. I stayed in the Keys a couple extra days and got in another GREAT
fishing expedition. My SO had two keeper groupers (only second time we've
ever had two in a day) and I had a nice bunch of huge Yellow Tail snapper.

Karl