Old February 20th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bull**** by the numbers

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:00:26 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:06:07 -0800, Gunner Asch wrote:

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 08:56:18 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

"Jim Insolo" wrote in message
It maybe just a cultural mis-step, with Toyota top dogs in Japan
giving the
OK to the ad smug in the knowledge that NASCAR fans are ignorant
rednecks who would fall for anything. On the other hand, the
possibility of a big crate falling into your truck is about the same
as needing 4 wheel drive going to and from Albertsons every day.

I guess some rednecks are stooping to driving Toyotas today. But the
ones I have seen are wannabe rednecks driving wannabe trucks. But then,
with the high price tag mentality, they think for some reason the truck
is better than others.

BTW, have you tried getting into the Albertson's store in Cedar City,
Utah through the snow drifts? 4wd works.

Steve

Just out of curiosity, what is a "wannabe redneck"?

(snip)

I don't know about Steve, but I'd put it down as someone who lives a
suburban life, but has some peculiar notions about the ease and joy of
living in the country so they try to imitate the external signs of a
country boy (or girl) without really having a clue of what is actually
involved. Your average country life can be quite joyous, but it's only
easy if you're filthy rich.

So, here some of the signs that I look for:

* Dressed like a cowboy going to a dance, but:
* They do it every day, to go to the office;
* they wouldn't know which end of a horse to put a halter on, much
less how to do so without injury to themselves or the horse;
* they think the question "do you prefer a snaffle or a curb?" is
either about car racing or bizarre sexual practices.
* They drive a five year old "truck" which has no scratches on the bed.
* They have a big shiny 4WD rig that has never left dry pavement.
* They have ****kicker boots which have never, ever, touched _anything_
that came out of a horse.

(I'd put in a dig about always voting republican because Regan was a real
cowboy, but I'll refrain in no small part because fools come in all
political stripes).

I suppose if there were movies about heroic welders ("Return to Brokeback
Shipyard"?) you'd see people wearing pristine welding caps, boots and
shirts...

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Boy, you hit it on the head. Only thing I'd add is that they would be
wearing creased ironed starched Levis, and similarly treated Wrangler
shirts. Plaid, pink, puce, or mauve, of course.

Steve

Real cowboys wear Wrangler jeans and whatever shirt is at hand.

Everyone else wears Levis.

Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Gunner

Old February 20th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old February 20th 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Jim Insolo" wrote in message
[...]

At one point they were wearing mechanically aged (stone washed) Levis. I
think you're still not ineffably cool if your pants don't come from the
store ripped up.

--
Tim Wescott

AND at $80 a pair! Just trying welding with frayed
jeans...........................

Hmmmmmmmm.

I smell something burning ..................

OH, ****! IT'S ME!

slap, slap, slap, dance, dance, dance, pat, pat, pat ..................

You never see a professional welder with frayed jeans. At least not after
the first morning break. Them boys who make the good money may wear a
cowboy belt, boots, and cowboy hat until they fall apart, but their Levis
and shirts are always pretty new. Those pretty little welding hats, too.

Steve

Old February 20th 08, 08:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote in message

AND at $80 a pair! Just trying welding with frayed
jeans...........................

Hmmmmmmmm.

I smell something burning ..................

OH, ****! IT'S ME!

slap, slap, slap, dance, dance, dance, pat, pat, pat ..................

You never see a professional welder with frayed jeans. At least not after
the first morning break. Them boys who make the good money may wear a
cowboy belt, boots, and cowboy hat until they fall apart, but their Levis
and shirts are always pretty new. Those pretty little welding hats, too.

Steve

that's funny. that was my FIRST welding lesson in high school (1976ish)
kinda a "hippy" kid, frayed bib overalls, welding, smelling something
burning, "IT'S ME!!!" slap slap dance dance pat pat, just like you said.
never wore clothes w/ frays again while welding.

b.w.

(i saw that commercial last night. even my mother commented on it (that it
was bogus)(and she's not an engineer). i laughed out loud. told her about
this thread.)

Old February 21st 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"William Wixon" wrote in message

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

That makes me feel good. There is hope. Not everyone is just believing all
they see and hear. Now if we could just apply that to ................

oh, never mind ..........

Steve

Old February 21st 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

OK, one of you two owes me a new keyboard.

technomaNge
--
Please visit http://www.anysoldier.com
and make a donation.
Old February 21st 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:40:23 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

Bull****. Some do. The ones that do just carry them a little
higher, and buried a little deeper.

And I got lots of proof - a whole generation used to answer to both
their given name and "Rosie the Riveter". Knew one rather personally,
and the one thing you Did Not Do (that is if you wanted to live to
tell about it) was back her into a corner...

-- Bruce --

Old February 21st 08, 06:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

Bull****. Some do. The ones that do just carry them a little
higher, and buried a little deeper.

And I got lots of proof - a whole generation used to answer to both
their given name and "Rosie the Riveter". Knew one rather personally,
and the one thing you Did Not Do (that is if you wanted to live to
tell about it) was back her into a corner...

Not exactly what you would call a 'Lady".

Hell, I had a girlfreind in high school who drove her daddy's wrecker.
You COULDN'T back her into a corner. She had a tow hook, and she knew
how to use it.

OTOH, she waent on to become an LPN, and was a very nice woman. You
just didn't want to bring out her other side.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old February 21st 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:40:13 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm,
technomaNge quickly quoth:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

OK, one of you two owes me a new keyboard.

Where's your Boy Scoutiness, sir? For next time:
http://www.hooleon.com/miva/graphics...tall-large.jpg
Cover that puppy with a keyboard condom!

---
Every moment is a golden one
for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
-- Henry Miller
Old February 21st 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

technomaNge wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner wrote:
Gunner, whose Wrangler clad butt, drives ladies nuts.

Uh, Gunner? Ladies don't have nuts! ;-)

OK, one of you two owes me a new keyboard.

You mean that you don't have a couple hundred spare keyboards? Or
over 100 spare computer mice?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell