Old February 19th 08, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Order in the shop!

On Feb 19, 9:55*am, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:...
I made a stepped sorting gage with coarse threads from 1/4-20 to
1/2-13 on one end and fine threads on the other. ...

'You have a picture? *Bob

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines

The others are a mill quill stop, indicator clamp, broach bushing and
involute spline broach to fit a pulley onto a hydraulic pump shaft.

Is Picasa better / worse / whatever than the dropbox?

Jim Wilkins

Old February 20th 08, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines

Cool.

Is Picasa better / worse / whatever than the dropbox?

I prefer the Dropbox for its permanence. Years from now somebody could
be searching "thread guage", find your post, but Picasaweb is gone. I
find that a lot in my searches.

Bob
Old February 23rd 08, 04:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-02-20, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines

Cool.

Is Picasa better / worse / whatever than the dropbox?

I prefer the Dropbox for its permanence. Years from now somebody could
be searching "thread guage", find your post, but Picasaweb is gone. I
find that a lot in my searches.

Plus, Picassaweb wants me to turn on all the things which I
normally keep turned off -- Javascript, Flash, etc, or it bitches and
some things don't work.

The Dropbox requires *nothing* fancy to be turned on.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Old February 23rd 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-02-20, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines

Cool.

Is Picasa better / worse / whatever than the dropbox?

I prefer the Dropbox for its permanence. Years from now somebody could
be searching "thread guage", find your post, but Picasaweb is gone. I
find that a lot in my searches.

Plus, Picassaweb wants me to turn on all the things which I
normally keep turned off -- Javascript, Flash, etc, or it bitches and
some things don't work.

The Dropbox requires *nothing* fancy to be turned on.

Enjoy,
DoN.

It's amazing some of the things those free sites want you to fill out first
to "join". Any time they ask for information, I'm gone.

Steve

Old February 24th 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-02-20, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/KB1DAL/HomeMadeMachines
Cool.

Is Picasa better / worse / whatever than the dropbox?

I prefer the Dropbox for its permanence. Years from now somebody could
be searching "thread guage", find your post, but Picasaweb is gone. I
find that a lot in my searches.

Plus, Picassaweb wants me to turn on all the things which I
normally keep turned off -- Javascript, Flash, etc, or it bitches and
some things don't work.

The Dropbox requires *nothing* fancy to be turned on.

Enjoy,
DoN.

It's amazing some of the things those free sites want you to fill out first
to "join". Any time they ask for information, I'm gone.

Steve

I have used the dropbox, but tent to use my own server. I know that it'll be
there at least until they hold my wake :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM

Old February 25th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 18, 10:58*am, Larry Jaques
wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 08:28:09 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, "Dave, I can't do that" quickly quoth:

I use plastic containers with lids. Large plastic containers that is.
If you have a Big Lots near you, they have some Stirling (I think)
under bed containers with lid. They are about 15" x 30" x 8". I think
they were about 8-bucks.

For some of the larger stuff like grinding wheels and buffs, I make
dividers with strips of ply wood that interlock like cardboard
separators in a case of wine.

I also use square food containers without lids and fill the under bed
tray so they stay pretty much in place. The large under bed thing sits
on a shelf and I only have to open a single lid to see what's inside.
I label the under bed thing with "Wood/Metal *screws", "SAE Bolts/
nuts" etc.

Often HF also has specials (less than 20c per) on those rear hang
parts bins and I get a bunch of those and put them inside the under
bed thing.

I got some of those but haven't put them up yet. I'm trying to figure
out a dust control system first. Maybe a stitched fabric cover with
plastic insert will do it.

I also have two carriers for the rear hang parts bin. I got a 4' x 4'
sheet of 3/4" particle board, mounted to a base with some casters and
side supports then stapled the parts bin racks to the 4' x 4'. I have
a curtain made from a table cloth from a swap meet (80c) that I drop
over the lot to keep them dust free.

Has anyone tried their new $97 parts bin on wheels? It has been in
their email ads for the past couple weeks. *I'm no longer happy with
the concept of open parts bins any more, as my woodworking is way too
dusty. *(Bins sold separately? *Feh!)http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...Item.do?itemid...

OT humor follows:

This Just In: *Pope Camping Trip

The Pope took a couple of days off to visit the mountains of Alaska
for some sight-seeing. He was cruising along the campground in the
Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just at the edge of
the woods.

A helpless Democrat, wearing sandals, shorts, a "Save the Whales"
hat, and a "To Hell with Bush" T-shirt, was screaming while struggling
frantically, thrashing around trying to free himself from the grasp
of a 10 foot grizzly bear.

As the Pope watched horrified, a group of Republican loggers came
racing up. One quickly fired a .44 magnum into the bear's chest. The
other two reached up and pulled the bleeding, semiconscious Democrat
from the bear's grasp. Then using long clubs, the three loggers
finished off the bear and two of them threw it onto the bed of their
truck while the third tenderly placed the injured Democrat in the back
seat.

As they prepared to leave, the Pope summoned them to come over. "I
give you my blessing for your brave actions!" he told them. "I heard
there was a bitter hatred between Republican loggers and Democratic
environmental activists but now I've seen with my own eyes that this
is not true ."

As the Pope drove off, one of the loggers asked his buddies, "Who was
that guy?"

"It was the Pope," another replied. "He's in direct contact with
heaven and has access to all wisdom."

"Well," the logger said, "he may have access to all wisdom but he sure
don't know anything about bear hunting! How Is the bait holding up?"

--

* * * * * SALMON -- The Other Pink Meat- Hide quoted text -

Funny!

TMT
Old February 25th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:36:54 +0000, Mark Rand wrote:

I have used the dropbox, but tent to use my own server. I know that it'll be
there at least until they hold my wake :-)

Too much lubrication last night... That should have said "tend" not "tent"

Mark Rand
RTFM
Old February 26th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:30:39 +0000, Mark Rand
wrote:

Too much lubrication last night...

Is there another way to establish order?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Old February 27th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Too much lubrication last night...

Is there another way to establish order?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Oddly enough, being a type 1 diabetic (ie. insulin controlled) I have
discovered that If I get a desperate urge to tidy up or even start putting
things away without thinking about it, it's usually because my blood glucose
level is dangerously low. Even the wife asks me if I need something to eat if
she sees me putting stuff away.

I don't know why it happens, just that there is an interval between perfect
lucidity and unconsciousness when I become a kleen-freek.

Mark Rand
RTFM

First KBC order Louis Ohland Metalworking 0 July 30th 07 07:27 PM
Shop Dogs and Cats - Bah! Shop Doves? Andy Woodworking 14 April 22nd 06 09:30 PM
Big Order Joe AutoDrill Metalworking 5 April 10th 06 07:22 PM
BIG OL' ORDER PLACED Highland Pairos Woodworking 10 February 14th 05 06:37 PM
Shop equipment, and a machine shop class question.. Paul Metalworking 3 January 3rd 04 02:10 PM