Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What are they? w/link

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:45:06 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:02:41 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the link for my previous post.

Engineman

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/en...bCmv9CtYUxS2P5

There's a hit-n-miss engine without the crank or flywheels in the
background. The one in the foreground looks like some kind of pump.
At least it looks like it has a packing gland.

Pete Keillor

It was designed to hang from the end opposite the "packing gland", yet
the writing on the gearbox casting woud be upside down if hung.
Mors****

Almost looks like some sort of air or steam powered drill unit.
Percussion perhaps

Note the operations lever on the other end. Looks like a valve handle.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sorry, I forgot the link for my previous post.

Engineman

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/en...bCmv9CtYUxS2P5

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
Sorry, I forgot the link for my previous post.

Engineman

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/en...bCmv9CtYUxS2P5

It's a plasma manifold from X-19 alien space ship...be careful of the attached
anal probe!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It looks like it might be a condensate pump or feedwater pump for a steam
engine.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RLM RLM is offline

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:02:41 -0800, wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the link for my previous post.

Engineman

http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/en...bCmv9CtYUxS2P5

Looks like a water hammer pump or Hydraulic Ram that were used on some
farms to pump irrigation water.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydraulic_ram
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If it is a ram - it figures. Hills and river driving downward - hits hammer
and the water is pumped up-hill. Logical for the area.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

link corback Home Repair 0 July 27th 07 08:00 PM
A Link Lew Hodgett Woodworking 10 June 18th 07 01:16 PM
Some useful link jassica Home Repair 0 March 26th 07 03:27 AM
G Link?? Myauk Electronics Repair 6 January 17th 07 12:24 AM
Build cable: Brother Missing Link aka Multi-Function Link, PCI-1, PC I/F jd_hupp Electronics Repair 3 November 18th 05 04:30 PM