DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help--trying to find clamp (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/233881-help-trying-find-clamp.html)

BillM[_2_] February 16th 08 03:12 AM

Help--trying to find clamp

In the early 70's, I was running an Archdale
radial arm drill for a manufacturer in Eugene
Oregon. They had a pair of clamps on the table.
About 10 inches tall. Long T bolt
vertically through the middle. Had a rear
projection at the bottom about 4 inches long
with a flat foot, and an upper projection about
4 inches long that had an acme thread
screw with a swivel foot (like a c-clamp).
Sweet clamps---just slide down the t-slot,
pivot the screw over the work. As the screw
tightened it rocked back on the foot and things
got held down.

These were cast, in the style of a cast c-clamp.
NOT something that was machined
or fabricated by the company.

I want a pair of them for an old Asquith drill
I'm setting up in a repair shop---but I can't
find them, or even really know what to call
them!! Anybody have any ideas?

Ignoramus10962 February 16th 08 03:42 AM

Help--trying to find clamp

I have a big pan of clamps, may have something like that, will let you
know.

Ned Simmons February 16th 08 04:23 AM

Help--trying to find clamp

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 03:12:29 GMT, "BillM"
wrote:

In the early 70's, I was running an Archdale
radial arm drill for a manufacturer in Eugene
Oregon. They had a pair of clamps on the table.
About 10 inches tall. Long T bolt
vertically through the middle.

Like this?
http://www.adjustableclamp.com/hdown_pg.htm

--
Ned Simmons

BillM[_2_] February 16th 08 05:17 AM

Help--trying to find clamp

"Ned Simmons" wrote in message

Like this?
http://www.adjustableclamp.com/hdown_pg.htm

--
Ned Simmons

"In the style of" the 1800 model, but they had
more like 6" of opening and maybe 4"
of throat. I can remember drilling through 4"
heavy square tubing set on a pair
of parallels---definitely more than 3 7/8" of
height. A set of the 1800's would do a lot--
might have to give them a try. Thanks.

Bill