Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheap CNC Home made plasma cutter

Hello,

My name is Martin de Roode and i have made a CNC plasma cutter.

on my site
http://majosoft.com/engraving/html/h...g_machine.html

you can see how i made it.

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

I hope that a lot of hobby people can learn somthing from me.

Greetings,
Martin de Roode
( please don't say it's spam. I just want to share my great hobby )

..

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Martin,

Looks very good!! Your spot welds look better than a full bead I try
to make!!

I couldn't get the video to show the machine in action. Don't know
why, and didn't really try very hard, but..............

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario, Canada.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:17:40 +0100, "Majosoft"
wrote:

Hello,

My name is Martin de Roode and i have made a CNC plasma cutter.

on my site
http://majosoft.com/engraving/html/h...g_machine.html

you can see how i made it.

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

I hope that a lot of hobby people can learn somthing from me.

Greetings,
Martin de Roode
( please don't say it's spam. I just want to share my great hobby )

.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Majosoft wrote:

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

Primitive in an intelligent way! - Bookmarked.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This is hugely impressive. Very nice project.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I have a 4' by 4' table - and a plasma cutter.

The cutout you did was very nice indeed.

You might want to protect the lead screw with a rubber boot (balloon - long thin
ones the clowns make animals from. That will keep the balls and dust of metal
from attaching and locking up the threads.

Well done in concept.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Majosoft wrote:
Hello,

My name is Martin de Roode and i have made a CNC plasma cutter.

on my site
http://majosoft.com/engraving/html/h...g_machine.html

you can see how i made it.

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

I hope that a lot of hobby people can learn somthing from me.

Greetings,
Martin de Roode
( please don't say it's spam. I just want to share my great hobby )

.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Majosoft" wrote in message
.. .
Hello,

My name is Martin de Roode and i have made a CNC plasma cutter.

on my site
http://majosoft.com/engraving/html/h...g_machine.html

you can see how i made it.

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

I hope that a lot of hobby people can learn somthing from me.

Greetings,
Martin de Roode
( please don't say it's spam. I just want to share my great hobby )

Wow- that is inspirational.
Thank you, Martin. You are right: it is a great hobby.

-Carl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

on my sitehttp://majosoft.com/engraving/html/home_made_plasma_cutting_machine.html

you can see how i made it.

It's a very easy to make and also cheap ( i'm a dutch man :-)

I hope that a lot of hobby people can learn somthing from me.

Greetings,
Martin de Roode
( please don't say it's spam. I just want to share my great hobby )

.

I'm planning on making a CNC plama cutter my self. You said "cheap"
How cheap was it. I've been telling people I could do it for $2500.
That includes about $1200 for a new plasma cutter. I run an ESAB SXE
where I work and am finding all sorts of things I could make and sell
if only I didn't have to do what the boss wants me to do.
I'm a machinist and also have an associates degree in electronics so
I'm confident I can pull it off too. I'm at library now and only have
time to download your pages to view at home later
Rosco
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Butter wrote:

[...]

http://www.cnczone.com

The unit the OP posted looks to be built like a tank, since plasma
imparts no cutting force on the machine, you don't need to build yours
quite so beefy. Just beefy enough that you don't have excess vibration
during high speed moves. Lots of info and resources on cnczone.

Experiences with the Parker Metalworking Plasma-Tec40/160yk plasma cutter/TIG welder/arc welder? Malcolm Metalworking 1 March 10th 06 01:19 PM
plasma cutter? Grant Erwin Metalworking 5 November 20th 05 03:40 AM
DIY Plasma Cutter Oakey Metalworking 1 April 23rd 04 08:43 AM
cheap plasma cutter on ebay wallsterr Metalworking 3 March 17th 04 01:18 AM
Plasma cutter ? Gary R Coffman Metalworking 1 August 7th 03 06:58 PM