DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Propane + air silver soldering small parts? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/233760-re-propane-air-silver-soldering-small-parts.html)

Nick Mueller February 14th 08 09:42 PM

Propane + air silver soldering small parts?

wrote:

..any help here? Â*I have tried the sax forums but they have not been
very helpful for some reason.

One of these:
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7695
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7696
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7697

Or this one (requires oxygen, but it is cheap as soon as you do have a
bottle)
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=15355

I do have the last one (cute!) and one of the upper three ones. All do their
job, it depends on what exactly you want to do.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Abrasha March 15th 08 03:04 AM

Propane + air silver soldering small parts?

Nick Mueller wrote:
wrote:

..any help here? I have tried the sax forums but they have not been
very helpful for some reason.

One of these:
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7695
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7696
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=7697

Or this one (requires oxygen, but it is cheap as soon as you do have a
bottle)
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=32_53&products_id=15355

I do have the last one (cute!) and one of the upper three ones. All do their
job, it depends on what exactly you want to do.

Nick

No,to all of this. :)

This is what I use (and have for some 35 years). Provides plenty of heat.
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/cat...bellow&x=0&y=0

With a special torch for propane
http://www.goldschmiedebedarf.de/cat...ducts_id=15877

And coincidentally, I bought my equipment at Fischer when i lived in
Pforzheim in the early 70's

See a movie where I use this equipment at
http://www.abrasha.com/Pin%2023.mpg

You can see me using both the torch and the bellows.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com