Old February 20th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Angle Iron/Aluminum

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:48:31 -0800 (PST), with neither quill nor
qualm, Searcher7 quickly quoth:

On Feb 14, 11:43*am, "William Noble" wrote:
why does it have to be metal? *can you use corian?

Angle Corian? :-)

Bullnose iron?

--

SALMON -- The Other Pink Meat

Old February 23rd 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 16, 11:48*pm, Anthony wrote:
wrote :

On Feb 14, 5:53 pm, Anthony wrote:
wrote in news:95cec56b-7d79-48b6-
:

I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge
the turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty
hands), and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of
paint/coating that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum
there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may
fit my needs.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Hard Anodized aluminum angle should work. It will be black and a very
durable finish.

Thanks.

Since they do not have that at Home Depot, would you know the
best(cheapest) place to get it?

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

You'd have to buy the angle, then have it hard anodized. Should be a few
places fairly local to you that do that.

This would make it difficult and cost prohibitive, so I'd need to go
with another option.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.
Old February 23rd 08, 09:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Searcher7 writes:

I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge
the turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty
hands), and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of
paint/coating that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum
there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may
fit my needs.

Powder-coating could be an option -- that's an extremely durable finish.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...19897&D=319897

The possible problem is you need to have a 400F oven, which isn't used
for food preparation. If the part is small enough, a used
toaster-oven would do just fine.
Old February 24th 08, 05:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 23, 4:10*pm, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:
writes:

I am working on a project that will require me to create a ledge
the turns down at a 90 degree angle.

It has to be as resistant as possible to oxidation(ie:sweaty
hands), and also as dark as possible.(Preferably black).

The angle iron I've found at Home Depot has some sort of
paint/coating that doesn't seem durable, and the angle Aluminum
there is too bright.

I'd appreciate any other ideas for a materials/coatings that may
fit my needs.

Powder-coating could be an option -- that's an extremely durable finish.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...19897&D=319897

The possible problem is you need to have a 400F oven, which isn't used
for food preparation. *If the part is small enough, a used
toaster-oven would do just fine.

I looked into powerder coating years ago when I was considering using
it on some arcade game related metal parts, but had come to the
conclusion that it wasn't plausible to do myself in my small
apartment,a nd it wasn't worth it to try and have it done at one of
the auto places.

Any idea what the approximate cost of materials/hardware, and also the
amount of room needed for a set-up like this?

(The size of the largest parts would be as much as 2' X 1').

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Bending 2" aluminum angle emmett Metalworking 2 August 7th 07 07:23 PM
Cutting Angle Iron Pete C UK diy 20 August 22nd 05 08:13 PM
Painting angle iron? Jon Danniken Metalworking 5 July 19th 05 05:14 AM
Angle Iron Bumper David De Vuono Metalworking 9 January 16th 04 10:29 PM
Angle Iron for a loft Jim Stewart Metalworking 1 July 17th 03 11:47 PM