Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default money cannot buy happiness

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:27:01 -0600, Bill wrote:

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in

snip
Money can't buy love. But it sure puts you in a good bargaining
position.

Ivan Vegvary

You can also rent to own if you have enough cash.

Bill

Never buy if it flys floats or ****s.

Rent.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joy begins to last when we experience that our happiness is not
dependent on outer circumstances
experience your inner goodness and greatness.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It might not buy happiness, but it sure eases the pain!

Another homily is "You can't drown your sorrows" (by drinking to
excess), to which the retort is "But you can make them swim for it".

Wolfgang

SteveB wrote:
"madhavan" wrote in message
Joy begins to last when we experience that our happiness is not
dependent on outer circumstances
experience your inner goodness and greatness.

For anyone who believes this, I want to help you feel better. Send me all
your money.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

--May be but happiness can't buy money either..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : The impeachment process
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : exists for a reason...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

madhavan wrote:
Joy begins to last when we experience that our happiness is not
dependent on outer circumstances
experience your inner goodness and greatness.

Quote: Hoovering is much more fun when the Hamsters loose.

Babba. 1986.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

it can rent it for a while.

cheers
T.Alan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

"madhavan" wrote in message
Joy begins to last when we experience that our happiness is not
dependent on outer circumstances
experience your inner goodness and greatness.

Money can't buy love. But it sure puts you in a good bargaining position.

It will buy you sex. As to who screws who and what point in time is the
question.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Actually. money can buy happiness, and rich people were shown to be
happier than poor people, everything else being equal.

http://thecanadianencyclopedia.com/i...=M1ARTM0012910

http://www2.eur.nl/fsw/research/veen...quent_2001.pdf

It is a consolation to the poor people to think otherwise, but it does
not make it so.

Who is happier, a rich guy in a warm shop trying to weld gold bars
together with a Dynasty 350DX, or a poor guy sprawled on a wet cold
concrete, trying to fix up up his clunker car with a decaying
tombstone AC welder?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Money cannot buy one class. I have known quite a few people with money, and
they didn't have a clue as to what class was.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus wrote:

Actually. money can buy happiness, and rich people were shown to be
happier than poor people, everything else being equal.

http://thecanadianencyclopedia.com/i...=M1ARTM0012910

http://www2.eur.nl/fsw/research/veen...quent_2001.pdf

It is a consolation to the poor people to think otherwise, but it does
not make it so.

Who is happier, a rich guy in a warm shop trying to weld gold bars
together with a Dynasty 350DX, or a poor guy sprawled on a wet cold
concrete, trying to fix up up his clunker car with a decaying
tombstone AC welder?

Gee Iggy. I've known people that were happier digging ditches than
working at a nice, cushy, high paying job. The guy with the 'clunker'
may enjoy the challenge of accomplishing something, with almost
nothing. I know that I always did.

Also, what do you expect rich people to say? That they are bored
****less, and have money as their only a friend? You forget that a lot
of them are world class experts at lying.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!