Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a perfect snow pusher

RCM only

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:03:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Ignoramus29783" wrote in message
m...
I have not seen a snow pusher that would actually work well. They are
too small and not too strongly made. Probably the Chinese have not
seen much snow and do not know what is a good snow pusher.

snip

The perfect snow pusher is bolted on the front of my neighbor's truck!

There ya go.

Otherwise, tell Ig to go get one of these. They're a lot more fun.
He's one of those rich Rusky fellers who made millions on eBay and the
Internet, so it won't hurt him to buy propane. g

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
RCM only

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:03:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Ignoramus29783" wrote in message
om...
I have not seen a snow pusher that would actually work well. They are
too small and not too strongly made. Probably the Chinese have not
seen much snow and do not know what is a good snow pusher.

snip

The perfect snow pusher is bolted on the front of my neighbor's truck!

There ya go.

Otherwise, tell Ig to go get one of these. They're a lot more fun.
He's one of those rich Rusky fellers who made millions on eBay and the
Internet, so it won't hurt him to buy propane. g

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we
do.
-- Confucius

With age comes at least SOME wisdom...I think. My snow solution is good snow
tires on my 1-ton van. It'll go through ANYTHING! I convinced my sister that a
Honda Element was "cute", OK it didn't mater to her that it was all-wheel drive.
We don't need to remove snow except for a bit on the back patio so the dogs have
somewhere to go.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:19:22 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

.. .

news:EOidnbnyU4unhTbanZ2dnUVZ_rWtnZ2d@giganews. com...
[...]

SWMBO claims I have way too much fun blowing snow in our back yard but
puppy only has short legs. Year ago last December, we got a heavy snow
late in the day and overnight to the point there was a column of snow
two feet high on the garbage can. When I pushed the aluminium storm
door open next morning, puppy stepped off the threshold and did her
business on the spot. It only takes a few minutes to clear the area
for puppy plus a path to the compost bin and one to the shed after I
finish the 16 x 70' driveway and a path for the postal person to get
to the route drop box near my drive.
Did anyone get the impression I enjoy winter?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 22:43:35 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.

I have found that if I run the blower along the curb line "upstream"
of my driveway, it gives the plow room to dump most of the snow being
carried before it gets to my nice open driveway. Living on a corner
lot, and depending on the operator, they start the side street at my
driveway and carry around the corner; then when they complete the loop
and come past the front, they lift the wing just before my driveway
and continue straight through, and out of the subdivision. Generally I
get very little dumped in my driveway.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 03:18:08 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:34:22 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

My miniature schnauzers are 14 and 15 years old, old for doggies! But, they do
get a bit of extra consideration for their age...unlike ME!!!

Old dogs are cute. What more can I say without insulting you?
Are you related to the Late Rodney D.? ;-)

BTW, here are a couple pictures of my favorite pampered pooch:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/photos.html She belongs to my
dad and step mom. The camera's flash turns her deep brown eyes
bright green.

Lacey is a firm adherent to the universal law that people should never
tease animals.OTOH she has never accepted that the converse is also a
law. Regularly, at bedtime (2AM) she decides that it is time to go out
for a final "poopy dance" and barks loudly in the vicinity of a door.
The drill is; I get out of bed, get slippers on and go down and get
leash and collar from behind the kitchen door. This is her signal to
crouch down and defy me to apply her collar, to the point that she
retreats behind the dinning table, barking continuously. I retrieve my
yard stick and tap it on the floor within five feet of her and she
gallops to the back door and waits to be collared and let out to do
her business, which we then have to go find while mother eats her
poached eggs next morning

Maggie is very well behaved, and only gets them up at night if she
gets sick. She gets up from her bed in the living room and gives them a
look as if to say, 'It's bed time, don't keep me up!" then goes to her
bedroom, and into her cage. After one of them closes the door to her
cage she lays down and dozes off for the entire night. She will spend
the entire day by herself without making a mess, which is more than i
can say about some of the people on this newsgroup. ;-)

She loves to sit outside where she can watch my dad while he's busy
in his workshop, too.

Ive 3 dogs in the house when Im home, Opie my sidekick, and his mom
and dad who live inside all the time. Plus the cats, number unknown.

The dogs as a group let me know when its potty time, but never go out
after midnight. They sleep on my bed, usually with Opie on his back,
tucked into my armpit and his momma pushed up against my knees. His
dad sleeps at the foot of the bed in HIS spot. They come and go
throughout the night, sharing warm spots with 1-5 cats. Musical bed so
to speak. First thing in the morning, they line up and make it clear
its time to go out and poop. We take a walk around the back 40, they
do their thing. Repeat about 4 times during the waking hours.
When Im working outside, Momma likes to hang out in a safe spot, Opie
still a pup, rambles around a bit, usualy in company with his 6 toed
compadre, Mittens the cat. They investigate the same stuff they
investigated yesterday, and the day before and enjoy each others
company, with periodic checkins with dad for head scratching petting,
then off they go again.

I cant imagine not letting ones critters not sleep with them, unless
they are so small that rolling over on one might be dangerous to them.
Its a rite of passage in my house, that when a kitten is big enough to
get up on the bed (pretty tall), its now big enough to sleep with the
Family. and not get smooshed. Unfortunately, we had that happen once.
Total bummer to find a smooshed kitten under a sleeping dog.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

SWMBO claims I have way too much fun blowing snow in our back yard but
puppy only has short legs. Year ago last December, we got a heavy snow
late in the day and overnight to the point there was a column of snow
two feet high on the garbage can. When I pushed the aluminium storm
door open next morning, puppy stepped off the threshold and did her
business on the spot. It only takes a few minutes to clear the area
for puppy plus a path to the compost bin and one to the shed after I
finish the 16 x 70' driveway and a path for the postal person to get
to the route drop box near my drive.
Did anyone get the impression I enjoy winter?

Winter? Snow?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:59:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

SWMBO claims I have way too much fun blowing snow in our back yard but
puppy only has short legs. Year ago last December, we got a heavy snow
late in the day and overnight to the point there was a column of snow
two feet high on the garbage can. When I pushed the aluminium storm
door open next morning, puppy stepped off the threshold and did her
business on the spot. It only takes a few minutes to clear the area
for puppy plus a path to the compost bin and one to the shed after I
finish the 16 x 70' driveway and a path for the postal person to get
to the route drop box near my drive.
Did anyone get the impression I enjoy winter?

Winter? Snow?

Better than dodging tornados on the south side of Kissimmee like I was
doing IIRCC ten years ago about now.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 08:53:25 -0800, cavalamb himself
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

That's a lot more information that I need with coffee...

Have you seen the lathe accident pictures?

Chuckle

One of the big problems with viewing someone who has been dismembered
in a dramatic fashion, is not only the visuals..but the smells. All
those body fluids now evaporating into the open air. The copper smell
of arterial blood, bile and stomache fluids, the sharp smell of
lympth fluids trickling out of broken nodes and shattered joints. The
poignent odor of urine and fresh **** as the bladder and bowels void
after death.

For years after..a random scent will flash you back to the visuals.

Bon Appitiet.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 14:29:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

[...]

They just want to make sure everything is where it belongs, it's in
their job description.

I cant imagine not letting ones critters not sleep with them, unless
they are so small that rolling over on one might be dangerous to them.
Its a rite of passage in my house, that when a kitten is big enough to
get up on the bed (pretty tall), its now big enough to sleep with the
Family. and not get smooshed. Unfortunately, we had that happen once.
Total bummer to find a smooshed kitten under a sleeping dog.

Maggie is tiny, and snores like an old chain saw. Sometimes she's so
loud they can't hear their TV at full volume. My dad bought wireless
headphones to hear the TV. ;-)

On reflection..I did have a dog that was banned from the bed. One of
the rescued strays that showed up years ago. We named him Fart.

Dog could bring tears to the eyes of a maggot.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.

Your pups must be union dogs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:59:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Winter? Snow?

Better than dodging tornados on the south side of Kissimmee like I was
doing IIRCC ten years ago about now.

What did you expect, in a place called Kissimmee? (Kiss Mimi) ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:47:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.

Your pups must be union dogs.

Dunno about that, but if puppy gets left home beyond her bladder
capacity, she much prefers the mat inside the door over any surface
that might produce "splatter".
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.

Your pups must be union dogs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

My miniature schnauzers are 14 and 15 years old, old for doggies! But, they do
get a bit of extra consideration for their age...unlike ME!!!

Puppy (Lacey, as in Cagney and ......., Bichon type person) turned 8
on Thursday.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:49:29 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:59:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Winter? Snow?

Better than dodging tornados on the south side of Kissimmee like I was
doing IIRCC ten years ago about now.

What did you expect, in a place called Kissimmee? (Kiss Mimi) ;-)

Yeahbut it was convenient to several sources of interesting stuff, and
SiL lived there.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

[...]

Great dogs! Do you groom or farm her out?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:01:02 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

Puppy (Lacey, as in Cagney and ......., Bichon type person) turned 8
on Thursday.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Great dogs! Do you groom or farm her out?

Strictly "do it myself" I want her to look like a dog even if she is
really a long tailed, flop eared, funny bunny - loves carrots or any
other crunchy raw vegetables and apples; doesn't know what meat is!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gerald Miller wrote:

Yeahbut it was convenient to several sources of interesting stuff, and
SiL lived there.

I lived about two hours north at that time. My first job in Florida
was about half way in between, at Ch 55 TV.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida