DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A premonition (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/233008-re-premonition.html)

Ed Huntress February 8th 08 02:17 AM

A premonition

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the "election",
I see the country following the path of all of the empires throughout
history - after about 200 years, they collapse from corruption within,
and get taken over by the hungry barbarians at the door.

But, this time it's going to be different, because the hungry barbarians
have Wi-Fi. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

They're not at the door. They're living among us. Comprende usted?

Steve

Are you sure his dream wasn't about French Canadians? g

--
Ed Huntress

Gerald Miller February 8th 08 02:32 AM

A premonition

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:17:02 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the "election",
I see the country following the path of all of the empires throughout
history - after about 200 years, they collapse from corruption within,
and get taken over by the hungry barbarians at the door.

But, this time it's going to be different, because the hungry barbarians
have Wi-Fi. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

They're not at the door. They're living among us. Comprende usted?

Steve

Are you sure his dream wasn't about French Canadians? g

They need someone to support them when they finally decide they have
sucked the rest of Canada dry
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Ed Huntress February 8th 08 02:40 AM

A premonition

wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]

Watch out for the trebuchets. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Ed Huntress February 8th 08 04:03 AM

A premonition

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Walked into a crowded shopping mall, and pulled the cord on a trebuchet?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You'd need either a long cord or a small trebuchet. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Gunner Asch[_2_] February 8th 08 07:36 AM

A premonition

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:05:59 -0600, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:14:01 -0600, "Adam Corolla"
wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the
"election",
I see the country following the path of all of the empires throughout
history - after about 200 years, they collapse from corruption within,
and get taken over by the hungry barbarians at the door.

But, this time it's going to be different, because the hungry
barbarians
have Wi-Fi. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

They're not at the door. They're living among us. Comprende usted?

Steve

Actually, according to a friend, most of the barbarian invaders are white
and speak English. Maybe he just thinks that way because he's Cherokee, I
never asked.

ROFLMAO!

Indeed.

Gunner, Ojibwa

:-)

Where ya from? MN-WI area?

Houghton/Calumet, Michigan.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Michael Gray February 8th 08 06:23 PM

A premonition

wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the
"election",

Are you sure his dream wasn't about French Canadians? g

They need someone to support them when they finally decide they have
sucked the rest of Canada dry
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Watch out for the trebuchets. d8-)

Did you mean: très bouche, eh!
loosely (very!) translated: very mouthy, eh!

Mike in BC

Ed Huntress February 8th 08 06:27 PM

A premonition

wrote:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the
"election",

Are you sure his dream wasn't about French Canadians? g
They need someone to support them when they finally decide they have
sucked the rest of Canada dry
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Watch out for the trebuchets. d8-)

Did you mean: très bouche, eh!
loosely (very!) translated: very mouthy, eh!

Mike in BC

We can tell you're from western Canada. You don't need to say another word.

Ed Huntress

Larry Jaques February 9th 08 02:59 AM

A premonition

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 18:14:01 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, "Adam
Corolla" quickly quoth:

"SteveB" wrote in message

"Richard The Dreaded Libertarian" wrote in message
I've had a sort of premonition - pretty much whoever wins the "election",
I see the country following the path of all of the empires throughout
history - after about 200 years, they collapse from corruption within,
and get taken over by the hungry barbarians at the door.

But, this time it's going to be different, because the hungry barbarians
have Wi-Fi. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

They're not at the door. They're living among us. Comprende usted?

Steve

Actually, according to a friend, most of the barbarian invaders are white
and speak English. Maybe he just thinks that way because he's Cherokee, I
never asked.

ROTFLMAO!

(I'm not a neocon, Ed. Can I use "ass" there with indemnity?)

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do.
-- Confucius

Ed Huntress February 9th 08 06:11 AM

A premonition

"SteveB" wrote in message

[...]