DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   more threads or bigger diameter? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/232632-re-more-threads-bigger-diameter.html)

Wes[_2_] February 4th 08 07:50 PM

more threads or bigger diameter?

" wrote:

whats better for strength? i have four fasteners to choose from:

Follow up.

How does an intercooler produce sheer? I'd be thinking tension forces.

Wes

[email protected] February 5th 08 05:28 AM

On Feb 4, 11:50*am, Wes wrote:
" wrote:
whats better for strength? i have four fasteners to choose from:

Follow up.

How does an intercooler produce sheer? *I'd be thinking tension forces. *

Wes

imagine sliding the intercooler in from the top of the car, like toast
into a toaster, and then putting bolts horizontally into the
sides..hence..shear

SOOOO... what does everyone think about the rivets? if they are using
SS rivets on aluminum on a boat and its still held together, i think
my car wont have too bad corrosion

the rivets will be here tomorrow! yay