Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need some parts for an old Delta drill press, DP-10

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 20:04:35 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

just picked up a "nicer" drill press to replace my Taiwan clone that has
served me all these years - but my "new" drill press has a damaged gear in
the lift assembly for the table - there is a parts list he
http://www.mikestools.com/Delta-Dril...ists_2282.aspx

what I need is item 111 on the diagram, which it calls "compound gear"

and I notice that itmes 21-24, 67-69 are also missing (same parts as raise
the table) - I presume these allow the head to be raised and lowered?
anyone know what they are for? if it is to raise/lower the head, then that
is cool, but I'd need another rack (item 124) also.

So, someone must have a dead one of these with a damaged casting or
something that can be a source of parts/?? I can make the gear, but I
think I'd rather not.

anyone?

--
bill
to email me, to to my web page, www.wbnoble.com and find my email

Call Leigh at MarMachine in Costa Mesa. He has, or gets regularly
drill presses in various conditions. I sold him two VERY nice Delta
Rockwells this past week, a 66 and a variable speed.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

just picked up a "nicer" drill press to replace my Taiwan clone that has
served me all these years - but my "new" drill press has a damaged gear in
the lift assembly for the table - there is a parts list he
http://www.mikestools.com/Delta-Dril...ists_2282.aspx

I can't help you with the gear, but will tell you that it's worth
fixing. I had one of those with the power feed and oil trough table -
it was one of the nicest drill presses I've ever used.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

just picked up a "nicer" drill press to replace my Taiwan clone that has
served me all these years - but my "new" drill press has a damaged gear in
the lift assembly for the table - there is a parts list he
http://www.mikestools.com/Delta-Dril...ists_2282.aspx

I can't help you with the gear, but will tell you that it's worth
fixing. I had one of those with the power feed and oil trough table -
it was one of the nicest drill presses I've ever used.

--
Ned Simmons

Ned, or anyone else, if you have a user's manual or brochure for these, I
would sure like to see a copy or a scan - it is really not obvious why there
should be that second crank handle, and maybe a manual would make
everything clear .... or maybe not -

How did the power feed work? I have found a picture of one with a foot
pedal, I understand that, but I haven't found anything that looks like a
power feed.

And, I'm debating putting a VFD on it versus switching to a single phase
motor, versus adding a capacitor and relay to start the 3 phase motor. if I
can find a used/surplus VFD for a cheap price, I think I'll go that way -
3/4 hp

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 20:33:58 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

-

How did the power feed work? I have found a picture of one with a foot
pedal, I understand that, but I haven't found anything that looks like a
power feed.

There was a gearbox on the right hand side of the head, inboard of the
downfeed handle, thru which the downfeed shaft passed. The motor had a
double shaft; small cone pulleys between the motor's bottom shaft and
the feed box drove the feed and allowed for feed changes. As I recall,
the feed was engaged much like the old drill presses where you lift a
worm to mesh with a wormwheel on the downfeed shaft.

--
Ned Simmons