DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kudos Jordin Sparks (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/232537-re-kudos-jordin-sparks.html)

Lew Hartswick February 4th 08 03:44 AM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

SteveB wrote:

For singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl the way it was written.
Not like so many female "entertainers" who sound like they are enduring
torture with a pair of pliers while searching endlessly and futilely for the
right note.

A very nice rendition.

Guess I should not have muted it. I'm so pi$$ed at the ones
that normally murder it I nearly always just watch it.
Sorry.
...lew...

SteveB[_2_] February 4th 08 05:59 AM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:

For singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl the way it was written.
Not like so many female "entertainers" who sound like they are enduring
torture with a pair of pliers while searching endlessly and futilely for
the right note.

A very nice rendition.

Guess I should not have muted it. I'm so pi$$ed at the ones
that normally murder it I nearly always just watch it.
Sorry.
...lew...

You missed a VERY good one. Sung just like it was meant to be sung. IMHO,
that is.

Steve

Ed Huntress February 4th 08 07:48 AM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

SteveB wrote:

For singing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl the way it was
written. Not like so many female "entertainers" who sound like they are
enduring torture with a pair of pliers while searching endlessly and
futilely for the right note.

A very nice rendition.

Guess I should not have muted it. I'm so pi$$ed at the ones
that normally murder it I nearly always just watch it.
Sorry.
...lew...

You missed a VERY good one. Sung just like it was meant to be sung.
IMHO, that is.

Steve

Nice singing. *Great* game -- for us folks who live in the NYC area. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Wes[_2_] February 4th 08 01:25 PM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

Lew Hartswick wrote:

Guess I should not have muted it. I'm so pi$$ed at the ones
that normally murder it I nearly always just watch it.
Sorry.

I saw an internet video the other day showing Obama not covering his heart
during the National Anthem. The singer singing butchered it so bad, I'm
wondering if he even recognized it.

Wes

Wes[_2_] February 4th 08 01:26 PM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Nice singing. *Great* game -- for us folks who live in the NYC area. d8-)

Is that the reason for the high absentism last night at work?

Wes

Ed Huntress February 4th 08 02:34 PM

Kudos Jordin Sparks

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Nice singing. *Great* game -- for us folks who live in the NYC area. d8-)

Is that the reason for the high absentism last night at work?

Probably. People who work on Sunday nights are the same people who watch pro
football. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress