DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Clausing 5914 -- First Rotation! (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/229751-clausing-5914-first-rotation.html)

Joseph Gwinn January 14th 08 12:35 AM

Clausing 5914 -- First Rotation!

Major milestone: I got the Clausing wired up and running, but with
speed controls on the VFD (which is on the wall) for now. Remote
control (that is, at the lathe) will be added later.

The bottom of the varispeed assembly (at the motor wobbles quite a lot).
I'll be needing the famous nylon bushing.

There are other odd noises, probably induced by the varispeed wobble,
but the varispeed does work.

Joe Gwinn

Paul January 14th 08 05:04 AM

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Major milestone: I got the Clausing wired up and running, but with
speed controls on the VFD (which is on the wall) for now. Remote
control (that is, at the lathe) will be added later.

The bottom of the varispeed assembly (at the motor wobbles quite a lot).
I'll be needing the famous nylon bushing.

There are other odd noises, probably induced by the varispeed wobble,
but the varispeed does work.

Joe Gwinn

Joe

Good for you! I do believe I have either one or two of those magical
bushings, and surplus to my needs. I just have to find them. It looks
like it will be next weekend before I have a chance to look.

Regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.