DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati?? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/229749-fs-old-machine-tool-gears-cincinnati.html)

barry[_2_] January 13th 08 10:41 PM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati??

for sale:

i THINK these came out of an old Cincinnati, possibly a horizontal or
vertical machine (or anyone have any knowledge of them)?? stamped as
follows:

58316X. . . . . . .(2 pieces)
21. . . . . . . . .58321
31. . . . . . . . .58317X
31. . . . . . . . .58317
36. . . . . . . . .58318. . .(3 pieces)
42. . . . . . . . .58319. . .(4 pieces)
47. . . . . . . . .58320. . .(4 pieces)
53. . . . . . . . .58322
and one smaller gear, unmarked, w/ hex center hole.

some surface rust (i'll glassbead clean), but appear to be in good
used condition.

any interest?
tnx,
barry
carson city nv

--
Barry Tuttleman
Carson City, Nevada

barry[_2_] January 13th 08 10:44 PM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati?? (photo link inside)

gettin' old and forgetful:
http://home.att.net/~btuttleman1/gears.jpg

tnx!
barry
carson city nv

RoyJ January 13th 08 11:44 PM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati??

Well, I'd certainly like to get a hold of a 47 and 53 tooth
combination!! I'm not even too fussy on bore hole size, I'll just make a
bushing.

barry[_2_] January 14th 08 01:27 AM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati?? found two more gears

just realized i missed these two:

31 58317
57 58323X

tnx,
barry
carson city, nv

Gerald Miller January 14th 08 01:38 AM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati??

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:44:59 -0600, RoyJ
wrote:

Well, I'd certainly like to get a hold of a 47 and 53 tooth
combination!! I'm not even too fussy on bore hole size, I'll just make a
bushing.

47/37 is better
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

barry[_2_] January 14th 08 02:04 AM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati??

hi roy;

your email bounces back:
"unable to relay for "

tnx,
barry
carson city nv

barry[_2_] January 14th 08 06:32 PM

FS: Old Machine Tool Gears, Cincinnati?? more info

these gears have TAPERED center holes; approximately:
1 7/16" - 1 11/16"

about 1" thick

as an example the 47t was about 6 1/8" OD, the 53t about 6 7/8".

tnx,
barry
carson city nv

Half-Nutz January 15th 08 09:46 PM

wrote:

Well, I'd certainly like to get a hold of a 47 and 53 tooth
combination!! I'm not even too fussy on bore hole size, I'll just make a
bushing.

47/37 is better
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

An even Better combination is a 80/63 combination, easily made from
smaller gears in a compund train.
The 80/63 breaks down to a 20/21 * 4/3 combination. Finding 20,21 4:3
tooth gears set might be easier, and is More Accurate.

47/37 = 1.27027
80/63 = 1.26984 Much closer to 1.27 !