Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Newsreader question

Sorry to be posting this in a metalworking newsgroup, but y'all seem to
know a lot about this stuff.

I am looking for a newsreader. I am currently using Thunderbird but am
looking for alternatives. I have tried xnews and of course, OE and none
of them seem to do what I would like them to do. Specifically, that
would be the ability to filter message content and language. Every
newsreader that I have looked at only seems to allow filtration on
headers (to, from, subject, etc.) I'm just tired of seeing all those
posts in arabic or whatever scribbling they are (there are others too),
and if we could filter on content we do do a better job of filtering
spam. Is this a pipe dream.

OK. For some possible metal content, can someone tell me where the
expression "pipe dream" comes from? I'll have to see if I can DAGS.

Wayne