DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ToolUnknown Help (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/227749-toolunknown-help.html)

[email protected] December 30th 07 02:29 AM

ToolUnknown Help

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
It's made by Miller Falls and says "#381 3 1/2

The pics are in the drop box:
ToolUnknown01.jpg
ToolUnknown02.jpg

JR North December 30th 07 03:06 AM

ToolUnknown Help

Don't knock yourself out, and post a link or something.
JR
Dweller in te cellar

wrote:
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
It's made by Miller Falls and says "#381 3 1/2

The pics are in the drop box:
ToolUnknown01.jpg
ToolUnknown02.jpg

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Ned Simmons December 30th 07 03:07 AM

ToolUnknown Help

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 21:29:28 -0500, wrote:

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
It's made by Miller Falls and says "#381 3 1/2

The pics are in the drop box:
ToolUnknown01.jpg
ToolUnknown02.jpg

A bearing scraper. More styles he
http://www.newmantools.com/eclipse/scrapers/index.html

--
Ned Simmons

Wes[_2_] December 30th 07 08:05 AM

ToolUnknown Help

JR North wrote:

Don't knock yourself out, and post a link or something.
JR
Dweller in te cellar

I'll do it for him cause I'm a nice guy, sometimes.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown.txt
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown02.jpg

Wes

Larry Jaques December 30th 07 12:58 PM

ToolUnknown Help

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 03:05:09 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

JR North wrote:

Don't knock yourself out, and post a link or something.
JR
Dweller in te cellar

I'll do it for him cause I'm a nice guy, sometimes.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown.txt
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown02.jpg

That looks an awful lot like a bootmaker's upper glazer, which was
usually a bit more carrot-shaped. See Salaman's _Dictionary of
Leather-Working Tools, c.1700-1950_, page 123.

--
Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous
delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.

No Name December 30th 07 07:31 PM

ToolUnknown Help

wrote:
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
It's made by Miller Falls and says "#381 3 1/2

The pics are in the drop box:
ToolUnknown01.jpg
ToolUnknown02.jpg

Looks like a bearing scraper to me.

Stealth Pilot December 31st 07 11:31 AM

ToolUnknown Help

On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 03:05:09 -0500, Wes wrote:

JR North wrote:

Don't knock yourself out, and post a link or something.
JR
Dweller in te cellar

I'll do it for him cause I'm a nice guy, sometimes.

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown.txt
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown01.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/ToolUnknown02.jpg

Wes

thanks wes. the device is possibly a hand scraper for fitting white
metal bearing shells. ...I think. the sharp edges rule out a swedish
fid.