DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Use a Mouse on a Portable GPS Unit? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/227590-ot-use-mouse-portable-gps-unit.html)

Laurie Forbes December 28th 07 05:59 PM

OT - Use a Mouse on a Portable GPS Unit?

Was wondering if it is possible to attach a mouse to the USB port of a
portable GPS receiver (an Omnitech device). I'm thinking maybe a 3 port hub
might work with the GPS, the mouse and the USB power supply all connected.
The OS is WinCE and a mouse icon shows up in Control Panel so maybe a mouse
driver is present (or maybe not).

TIA for any help.........

Carl Byrns December 29th 07 02:17 AM

"Laurie Forbes" wrote in message
Was wondering if it is possible to attach a mouse to the USB port of a
portable GPS receiver (an Omnitech device). I'm thinking maybe a 3 port
hub might work with the GPS, the mouse and the USB power supply all
connected. The OS is WinCE and a mouse icon shows up in Control Panel so
maybe a mouse driver is present (or maybe not).

TIA for any help.........

Try geocaching.com.

-Carl