Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 12vt compressors?

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Nearly all the little 12V compressors are crap, it's mostly a question
of finding functional crap. I'd go for this one:

I've got it in my truck, and while I've not had a need to use it on the
road yet, it did seem to perform ok when I tested it out.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Nearly all the little 12V compressors are crap, it's mostly a question
of finding functional crap. I'd go for this one:

I've got it in my truck, and while I've not had a need to use it on the
road yet, it did seem to perform ok when I tested it out.

I'll second that. I have two of the 93186 and they work pretty well.
Tossed the POS gauge off mine as well as the crappy hose.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Life is not like a box of chocolates
it's more like a jar of jalapenos-
what you do today could burn your ass tomorrow!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Gunner Asch wrote in article
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

I always thought "Harbor Freight" was Chinese for "Piece of Crap"!!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

The best you will find on the cheap is a Superflow "MV50".
I built a system on my Goldwing to power a Nathan P-3 horn set from a
locomotive, and went through 4 pumps over 2 years before i removed the
system. The system was set to maintain 115 PSI in two tanks made from
propane cylinders mounted alongside the radiator.
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...gine/Horn3.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...gine/Horn2.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...gine/Horn1.jpg
The cast aluminum horn assembly's weight eventually cracked the ABS fairing
so I removed it, but it sure was fun. I plan on using the horns on my Jeep
project which uses an air conditioning compresser for air used to fill huge
tires often and quickly to suit terrain.
Most of the pumps simply overheated. The MV50 lasted a year and then the
crank snapped, but to be fair it had seen service well beyond it's intended
use.
Here is one,
http://www.amazon.com/Q-Industries-M.../dp/B000BM8RT8
Here is some good research that I wish had been available before i did my
own tests.
http://www.parksoffroad.com/prodrevi...flatormain.htm

--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

* wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in article
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

I always thought "Harbor Freight" was Chinese for "Piece of Crap"!!!!

Incorrect, it's Chinese for "Crap shoot"...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Most of these units have seals, bearings, armature, etc designed for a
life expectancy of under 10 hours. If used for the normal "inflate a
flat once a year" kind of service, they work great. The off roaders want
to run 10psi on the trail, then air up to 28 psi for road use. The units
mentioned will take about 30 minutes to bring 4 33" tires from 10 psi to
28 psi. Do this a couple times a day when out playing in the mud, the
compressor only lasts a couple of months.

Pete C. wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Nearly all the little 12V compressors are crap, it's mostly a question
of finding functional crap. I'd go for this one:

I've got it in my truck, and while I've not had a need to use it on the
road yet, it did seem to perform ok when I tested it out.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

I got one for Christmas a couple of years ago, cheaper looking than this
one. I think it came from Homier Tools. It has gotten me home or to a
gas station a couple of times. It's also good for filling basketballs, etc.
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:47:43 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Decent under $50 is the 93186.

If you want Good, you /do/ know that both Thomas and Gast make 1/3
HP and 1/2 HP 12VDC oilless compressors, right? But unless you can
scrounge used/surplus ones, they're in the $500 - $650 range new.

And if you do manage to scrounge some up, get a couple extra. ;-)
I need to put a set of Grover Organtone's on my work truck for the
next 100 times some asshole (in either a rolling wreck or a new
Maserati or Porsche) decides I'm leaving myself waaaay too much
stopping distance and decides to play Richard Petty...

(Hint to all those wannabe Mario Andretti's out the NASCAR
drivers have two or three spotters with radios up at the top of the
stands to tell them all the traffic conditions - you don't. Leave at
least a little room between our bumpers as you cut in.)

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

I've not used this particular one, but I've found others to have a
very limited life span -- less than an hour of use. Regard it as a
lighter and cheaper substitute for a 20 cu ft bottle of compressed
air or nitrogen, don't take any bets on which will last longer without
a refill on the bottle.

At the claimed 25 liters/min, the bottle would last about 22 min --
but it'd fill a tire a hell of a lot faster than the pump.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

I've not used this particular one, but I've found others to have a
very limited life span -- less than an hour of use. Regard it as a
lighter and cheaper substitute for a 20 cu ft bottle of compressed
air or nitrogen, don't take any bets on which will last longer without
a refill on the bottle.

At the claimed 25 liters/min, the bottle would last about 22 min --
but it'd fill a tire a hell of a lot faster than the pump.

And don't forget the cost of a regulator and hose.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

of finding functional crap. I'd go for this one:http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93186

I've got it in my truck, and while I've not had a need to use it on the
road yet, it did seem to perform ok when I tested it out.

This won't do Gunner any good because I have never seen another. Years
ago when we lived in the Seattle area I picked up a British made 12
volt tire pump compressor at a garage sale. Unused and still in the
box! Nothing fancy, a 12 volt motor like a fan motor, directly
attached to a little air compressor made from cast aluminum or pot
metal. A wire frame keeps it off the ground. And of course a hose and
connector to the tire.

The wires had a lighter plug, which I removed and added longer wires
and battery clamps. I have used this unit to pump car, truck, lawn
mower, tractor tires many times. The compressor part does get hot, but
keeps on pumping air.

I can't look at it right now, It's home in the truck, but the name was
"grasshopper". A very appropriate name as it tends to jump up and down
while running!

If anyone ever sees this at a flea market or garage sale, get it! Has
anyone else ever seen one?

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I always carry a compressor on my ATV. They're great when pumping up those
big ATV tires to 3 psi. A little different on big tires. Still, though, if
it's all you got. We had a separation one time on the freeway. An air leak
on a crack in the sidewall. The little pump got us into the next town to a
Discount tire and two new tires.

They ain't great. And some are better than others, but they're just a
little bit better than nothing. I got one at Camping World, around $60,
IIRC. Good brand name. I have used it now for a good while, but mostly, it
just sits under the rear seat just in case. And then, that's just to get
you to the next town.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Gunner Asch wrote:

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

In my personal experience, a decent manually powered pump (which is in
itself a rather difficult thing to find these days) beats most of the
little 12V compressors. I've owned a couple of those - got one sitting
in the parts bin with a snapped pot-metal con-rod, had another that wore
out the pot-metal cylinder until it would not compress any more, etc.

If you have a little shop time it should not be hard to make something a
LOT better from scratch...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 28, 3:47*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Good subject for discussion...thanks for bringing it up.

All the commonly seen air compressors are junk...don't waste your time
even looking at them.

I did buy several of the these Harbor Freight compressors for their
portability...they still have a short lifespan.

Got it with the HF email coupon offer which will be 10-20% cheaper
than sale price.

While I haven't looked into it, some vehicles have small compressors
for air shocks and these compressors might serve your purpose.

What is on my to-do-it list is to find or build something like
this....

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/...ok/12vcomp.htm

http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.as...-1752&catname=

Note the amperage of the unit....80 amps...compressors take serious
amps.

With your abilities Gunner, I would suggest haunting some junkyards
and either salvage an unit or build one up from scratch. A starter
motor or one from an electric forklift would be a good way to do the
motor part of the unit. A suitable compressor unit should be easy to
find.

If you build something, be sure to show and tell for the group.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 28, 3:47*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Oops...forgot another link.

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

I've sometimes wondered if a defunct weedwhacker engine might not
make a pretty good little compressor. Had one laying around for
years, finally tossed it last week figuring if I haven't touched it in
10 years I probably won't. It had good compression, just wouldn't
start. Probably carb. Gutsy 12-volt motors aren't hard to find. I
think some Ford starter motors are permanent-magnet motors.

One would have to devise a way to lubricate it, unless it was a
4-stroke weedwhacker if there is such a thing.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

I've sometimes wondered if a defunct weedwhacker engine might not
make a pretty good little compressor. Had one laying around for
years, finally tossed it last week figuring if I haven't touched it in
10 years I probably won't. It had good compression, just wouldn't
start. Probably carb. Gutsy 12-volt motors aren't hard to find. I
think some Ford starter motors are permanent-magnet motors.

One would have to devise a way to lubricate it, unless it was a
4-stroke weedwhacker if there is such a thing.

There are lots of four stroke weedwhacker motors out there now.
Getting to be more around all the time.

They still have not come down to my price range, though. Free, picked
up off the curb, is my price range.

I like the idea of one of those engines being used for a air
compressor. If anything, I suspect that a guy would have to look for a
more sturdy compressor head to use on it, though.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 28, 3:47*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Gunner....what are you planning on using this compressor for?

Pump up a tire, blow dust off a machine, run an air horn ;)....what?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
news
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

GM and other builders that have adjustable shocks have an air compressor
that will go the distance. They often are still running when the auto has
more than 100,000 miles to its credit.

You can buy them for a song----less than $20, used. There's not much to
them, and if you're not happy with the pressure they deliver, you can
machine the head to increase output. I run just such a compressor on my 1
ton Dodge, with air horns. I added a tank large enough to be able to fill
a tire, and have a quick connect, protected with a weatherproof cover. I
have about 10 gallons of 150 PSI air at my disposal if needed.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Pete C. wrote in article
* wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote in article
My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

I always thought "Harbor Freight" was Chinese for "Piece of Crap"!!!!

Incorrect, it's Chinese for "Crap shoot"...

My error. I conjugated "crap" incorrectly!!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 29, 12:53*am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
[...]

Any idea of what CFM and duty cycle they have?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Dec 29, 12:53 am, "Harold and Susan Vordos" wrote:
snip-

You can buy them for a song----less than $20, used. There's not much to
them, and if you're not happy with the pressure they deliver, you can
machine the head to increase output. I run just such a compressor on my 1
ton Dodge, with air horns. I added a tank large enough to be able to fill
a tire, and have a quick connect, protected with a weatherproof cover. I
have about 10 gallons of 150 PSI air at my disposal if needed.

Harold

Any idea of what CFM and duty cycle they have?

TMT

No clue, but they're very much like the little 12V compressors you see sold
in auto parts stores. Difference is, they go the distance. Duty cycle must
be fairly good----although I put a small fan on mine because it's in the box
(cube van) where it gets no air circulation. They're usually found under
the hood, mounted above a fender. Mine kicks on @ 135 PSI and off @ 150
PSI, filling the fairly large tank (for a small truck, anyway, so it runs
for some time. Piston is fairly small-----perhaps 1-1/4". It's been a
while since I last looked at it and my memory has dimmed.

When increasing the compression, I find it now starves for air when at high
altitudes, so it can't build the pressure. Works fine at 1,100 ft.
elevation and below, but a trip to Chiloquin, Oregon three years ago I
discovered it wouldn't build past about 140 PSI. Mine came off a GM car.
I imagine all GM compressors are identical.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"*" wrote in message

My error. I conjugated "crap" incorrectly!!!

Too much fiber in your diet?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 28 2007, 1:02*pm, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:
On Dec 28, 3:47*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Oops...forgot another link.

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TMT- Hide quoted text -

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Dec 28, 3:47 am, Gunner Asch wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

Oops...forgot another link.

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TMT- Hide quoted text -

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

Windshield wiper motor?

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 21:59:58 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

If you're an OEM, you tell the motor mfr what you want. If you're a
scrounger, DCPM servo motors or motors out of old big tape drives.
Some smaller motorized wheelchairs (scooters) are 12-volt but many are
24 volt.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 21:59:58 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Dec 28 2007, 1:02Â*pm, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:
On Dec 28, 3:47Â*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

A piece of crap is giving it more credit than it deserves. Don't waste
your money.

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont Â*kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." Â*Gunner

Oops...forgot another link.

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TMT- Hide quoted text -

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 08:12:07 GMT, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

Windshield wiper motor?

Harold

Now THAT is a serious 12v compressor.
Looks a lot like a SCOTT 4 pole motor. A Scott F236 is an 1800RPM one
HP constant duty DC motor.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

To the poster who mentioned GM cars have compressors..which models do
I look in, and where are they located?

Gunner, a mile from a Pick A Part

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Dec 28, 3:47*am, Gunner Asch wrote:

My Christmas presents included a gift certificate to....Harbor
Freight.. G

I was browsing the online catalog and came across their 12vt air
compressor. This would be handy for my truck.

Is this a decent rig, or is it a piece of crap?

Any suggestions for a decent one under $50?

Gunner

Making sure other people play nice and dont *kill each other (and us)

for torturing the cat." *Gunner

Oops...forgot another link.

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TMT- Hide quoted text -

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

Well you could buy it from them. I bought a replacement motor for one
of there older portable units (they don't make it anymore) one time.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

This discussion bought up a question for me...

Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

http://12-voltair.com/products_12v6cf.asp

TTM

Windshield wiper motor?

Harold

Now THAT is a serious 12v compressor.
Looks a lot like a SCOTT 4 pole motor. A Scott F236 is an 1800RPM one
HP constant duty DC motor.

Bingo. The motors are Scott brand.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 22:55:43 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

To the poster who mentioned GM cars have compressors..which models do
I look in, and where are they located?

Gunner, a mile from a Pick A Part

Gunner

Anything with air suspension or auto leveling. My TransSport had it in
the back corner. Useless thing too. Definitely NOT designed for
constant use.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
To the poster who mentioned GM cars have compressors..which models do
I look in, and where are they located?

Gunner, a mile from a Pick A Part

Gunner

Cadillac and Buick, for sure, came so equipped. I dare say even Olds,
Pontiac and, Chev would have them, although not every car..I believe the
feature was optional.

High end Ford uses them, too, but I haven't seen them. Ask the guys at
Pick A Part for cars that have the adjustable shocks. I'm not sure you'll
find the compressor in the same place on each vehicle, but it will be under
the hood, near or on the inner fenders is where I've found them. I've only
removed one, but have seen several. You can buy one new from the parts
department, but they're really proud of those little *******s. Well over
$100, as I recall.

They look very much like the ones you'd see in those little plastic cases,
sold at auto parts stores.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 1, 9:59 pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Where do you find a slower speed 12 volt motor with respectable torque
(high torque, 1800 rpm) like this compressor uses?

My personal favorite has always been surplus motors made by the
Chiaphua company, specifically their CIM division:
http://home.cclmotors.com/catalogcim.aspx They make the motors you
find in electric wheelchairs, automotive parts, electric appliances,
all sorts of stuff. Being affiliated with the FIRST robotics
competition, we get a fair selection each year. My favorite is
http://www.trossenrobotics.com/store...CIM-Motor.aspx,
~5000 no load rpm's, 343 oz-in of stall torque. CIM also makes a
motor originally used in minibikes, PM3010N2X-D111O, which is about
3000 rpms, 50-60 oz-inches. The ones we have came with, IIRC, XL
series timing belt pulleys and spring tensioners already installed.

For a compressor, a motor like EB4024N4X-A201R, designed for a
hydraulic pump, 1400 rpm, 103 oz-in would probably be ideal.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

To the poster who mentioned GM cars have compressors..which models do
I look in, and where are they located?

Any older Cadillac with air suspension. But I thought that little
gizmo was more common in Lincoln Town-Cars and Mark-*.

Note that these are NOT high volume pumps - they're meant to raise
the suspension bags once or twice a day, not run truck air horns for
extended "blasting at idiots" sessions. We have way too many idiots
around here, which is why I suggest the 1/6 HP or larger units and at
least a 2-gallon reservoir...

-- Bruce --