Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I save my bandsaw blade?

I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. Next thing I know
the blade jumped off the wheel. It looks a little wiggly in one area
(the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side).

Is there any way to save it? The teeth all appear fine, its just the
"wiggly" part catches on the guide bearings and pops the blade back
off the wheel.

Its an expensive starrett bi-metal blade and I would really like to
save it if possible.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 27, 4:21*pm, "
wrote:
I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. *Next thing I know
the blade jumped off the wheel. *It looks a little wiggly in one area
(the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side).

Is there any way to save it? *The teeth all appear fine, its just the
"wiggly" part catches on the guide bearings and pops the blade back
off the wheel.

Its an expensive starrett bi-metal blade and I would really like to
save it if possible.

Save it with the other metal for re-cycling.
When the tuition is high, you have to learn fast.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 27, 5:21*pm, "
wrote:
I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. *Next thing I know
the blade jumped off the wheel. *It looks a little wiggly in one area
(the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side).

Is there any way to save it? *The teeth all appear fine, its just the
"wiggly" part catches on the guide bearings and pops the blade back
off the wheel.

Its an expensive starrett bi-metal blade and I would really like to
save it if possible.

Sometimes you can pound the kinks out with a lead hammer.
Sometimes not.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 27, 4:44 pm, Half-Nutz wrote:
On Dec 27, 4:21 pm, "
wrote:

I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. Next thing I know
the blade jumped off the wheel. It looks a little wiggly in one area
(the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side).

Is there any way to save it? The teeth all appear fine, its just the
"wiggly" part catches on the guide bearings and pops the blade back
off the wheel.

Its an expensive starrett bi-metal blade and I would really like to
save it if possible.

Save it with the other metal for re-cycling.
When the tuition is high, you have to learn fast.

Nice quote.

I ordered a replacement before posting anyways. I was just keeping my
fingers crossed just in case.

Thanks for the replys, I'll try the lead hammer thing (I think I kept
one from my dads garage sale).

Thank god McMaster will deliver by noon tomorrow if my previous orders
are any metric to go by.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message

roups.com...
I had the feed set a little too high on my bandsaw. Next

thing I know
the blade jumped off the wheel. It looks a little wiggly

in one area
(the blade is kinda S shaped from side to side).

Is there any way to save it? The teeth all appear fine,

its just the
"wiggly" part catches on the guide bearings and pops the

blade back
off the wheel.

Its an expensive starrett bi-metal blade and I would

really like to
save it if possible.

If you can't save it cut it up for hand hacksaw blades!
You'll have to
punch the holes at the ends though, too hard to drill. I
have so many
right now I hand them out to my customers as gifts! The
vari-pitch are
especially popular.......heh heh .......;)
phil

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

They make real nice BOW saw blades also. Normally wood blades, but sometimes
large things need cutting or those that have a large what-ever in the way.

Also nice on the tough hard woods that sometimes have wood blades skate on.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Phil Kangas wrote:

roups.com...

Bandsaw blade help Chris Woodworking 5 December 2nd 07 10:19 AM
bad bandsaw blade???????? Derstine Metalworking 3 January 30th 06 07:00 PM
Bandsaw blade for 6061 Al alloy? What's a good blade size to buy? Eddie Metalworking 2 July 18th 05 08:27 AM
Bandsaw Blade Zipper Metalworking 6 April 11th 05 05:31 PM
Bandsaw blade size Alun Saunders Woodturning 9 February 9th 05 08:34 PM