Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Max Max is offline

Default Okay, how many of us are waiting for it to be warm enough to go play in the garage again.

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:22:24 +0900, Alan wrote:

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 17:34:45 -0500, Wes wrote:

I went out to the garage today. The machines were waiving at me saying
play
with me, play with me, but it was too cold. How many are in this
situation
at the moment?

Not me, on Boxing Day I went out to the workshop ( steel shed, 8.5m
x 4.5m ) and it was 58 at head height, 54 at bench height. I left
immediately as it was too hot at 136F to work. It was the hottest BD
since records started in the 1890's at 45C official, where I live it
was 47C. Friday I bought a sprinkler hose and laid it in the roof,
dropped the inside temp from 46 to 37 in less than 10 minutes with
minimum water flow. I prefer to work at night when it has cooled
down, was a delightful 25/77 last night when I finished an adaptor for
the tractor.

Just because you live where everything is bass ackwards to the rest of
the world !!!!!!!!!! :-)}
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

During winter months I keep my shop at 68 F. during the day and 58 F. at
night or when I'm not out there. (gas furnace) :-)
In the summer I have a difficult time getting it down to 80. (evaporative
cooler) :-(

Max

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

In 3D, no doubt... listening for screams of anguish...

Yup. I can't think of a worse interface.

Wes