DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Axis of Idiots; Oh Look! Gunner Just Pissed Six Feet! Bet No Sucker Here Can Beat That! (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/227183-re-axis-idiots%3B-oh-look-gunner-just-pissed-six-feet-bet-no-sucker-here-can-beat.html)

Gerald Miller December 24th 07 09:58 PM

Axis of Idiots; Oh Look! Gunner Just Pissed Six Feet! Bet No Sucker Here Can Beat That!

On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 19:32:36 -0600, "David Moffitt"
wrote:

Did you kill the fly?

Went with a Buddy and his uncle one evening to sight in Uncle's
antique muzzle loader at a local gravel pit. Buddy brought along his
varmint rifle w/ scope. We were using the car as a rest, using a sheet
of gray pasteboard with pencil blackened circle for a target. Due to
the poor contrast, I suggested using daisies in the first holes as
aiming points. Eventually Buddy insisted that I should try shooting
with a scope for a change (I had never used one, always open sights)
and guess what - one daisy vanished. A few more shots and Buddy bet I
couldn't do it a second time so I took another shot and sure enough,
the daisy stayed in place, but when we checked the target there were
four petals missing and on the other side of the hole was a spot of
blood and mosquito parts, so my excuse was that I had been distracted
by a passing mosquito!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada