DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Special taps and dies (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/224835-special-taps-dies.html)

F. George McDuffee December 5th 07 10:58 PM

Special taps and dies

A short time ago a poster was looking for a special tap. I just
got an email about this company. I don't know anything about
this company, but at least a source for "Acme, Acme sets,Tandem
Acmes,2G, 3G Acme ,Carbide, Cobalt, Trapezoidal, British
Whitworth, Pulley, STI, Pipe, NPT,NPS,NPSI,NPSM NPSL,NPSF,NPTF,
Form, Extension, and Metric."

http://www.tapcousa.com/default.asp

Anyone dealt with these people?

DoN. Nichols December 6th 07 05:01 AM

Special taps and dies

On 2007-12-05, F George McDuffee wrote:
A short time ago a poster was looking for a special tap. I just

[ ... ]

http://www.tapcousa.com/default.asp

Anyone dealt with these people?

No -- but FWIW, their net presence has been around since
08-May-1997, and they are located in Loves Park, IL 61111.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

Roger Shoaf December 6th 07 08:54 AM

Special taps and dies

I never dealt with those folks, but one time I needed a screwball multiple
lead tap.When I inquired at my friendly local machine shop supplier, they
were able to order anything I wanted. It was a 3 or 4 week lead time, but
other than the wait and the cost there was no problem.

--
Roger Shoaf