DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Corten Steel (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/222105-corten-steel.html)

edangell November 22nd 07 02:30 AM

Corten Steel

Does anyone in the group know where I might buy small quantities of Corten
steel plate. Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed Angell

Ed Huntress November 22nd 07 03:11 AM

Corten Steel

"edangell" edangellatcomcastdotnet wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone in the group know where I might buy small quantities of Corten
steel plate. Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed Angell

How small, Ed? One sculptor I talked to a few years ago told me he got small
quantities of Cor-Ten from a company in AL called Central Steel Service, but
I didn't ask him what he meant by "small quantities." He made welded
sculptures and architectural detail work. It might be worth a try:

http://www.centralsteelservice.com/

--
Ed Huntress

edangell November 22nd 07 06:16 PM

Corten Steel

"edangell" edangellatcomcastdotnet wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone in the group know where I might buy small quantities of Corten
steel plate. Any leads appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed Angell
Thanks Ed, a friend needs to do a plaque and the material needs to be
corten, size about 12" X 18".