DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Atlas Horizontal Mill Opinions (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/217727-atlas-horizontal-mill-opinions.html)

RoyJ October 16th 07 08:23 PM

Atlas Horizontal Mill Opinions

This Atlas horizontal mill has shown up a few times lately
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/450707439.html
Guy wants $1250, looks like tooling is extra. Sounds expensive to me.

Brian Lawson October 16th 07 10:06 PM

Atlas Horizontal Mill Opinions

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 14:23:53 -0500, RoyJ
wrote:

This Atlas horizontal mill has shown up a few times lately
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/450707439.html
Guy wants $1250, looks like tooling is extra. Sounds expensive to me.

Hey Roy,

$1250 !!!!!!!!!!! US dollars???? Expect to see it listed lots of
times then.

I sold one in PERFECT condition with accessories about 5 years ago and
was happy to get $650 Canadian.

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

John Martin October 16th 07 11:52 PM

On Oct 16, 3:23 pm, RoyJ wrote:
This Atlas horizontal mill has shown up a few times latelyhttp://minneapolis.craigslist.org/tls/450707439.html
Guy wants $1250, looks like tooling is extra. Sounds expensive to me.

Half of that would be more like it, unless it had some of the extras
such as dividing head, index centers, rotary table, etc. And, for
that price I'd expect at least one full-length arbor and a vise -
neither of which it appears to have.

John Martin

spaco October 17th 07 12:40 AM

Atlas Horizontal Mill Opinions

Too much!
I'd expect to get any extra arbors with it for about 1/2 of that price.
Note that you'll need a lot of special tooling to decently utilize a
horizontal mill and few of them will work with other machines.

Unless you really NEED a horizontl mill, at that price (or a little
more), you could get a used Bridgeport J head.

Pete Stanaitis