DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT cordless drill battery replacement headsup (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/217621-ot-cordless-drill-battery-replacement-headsup.html)

patrick mitchel October 15th 07 10:25 PM

OT cordless drill battery replacement headsup

I have a friend on vacation who brought down a couple of dead drill batts
with him- a milwaukee 18v and a dewalt 18v xrp batt. The dewalt was truly
dead- dunno what the heck went down but couldn't get any of the cells to
take a charge individually. The milwaukee was better in that 4 of the cells
wouldnt take a charge. I decided to change out all the cells with some
harbor freaight cells . I anticipated using some 1.7 amp/hr cells to replace
the cells that were 2.6 amp/hr in the original packs. Bought some h freight
packs 18v that were shown on the website as having 1.7 amp/hr capacity.They
were shown as being on sale for 9.99 on the website. Found 3 of the things
at the store , brought them home and soldered em up. Then went to charge-
the first 2 packs charged up on my maha 777 plus charges at 2.6 amp/hrs!!. I
went back to the store and found one more on the shelf. Item #90121- they
show the batts as being 1.7 amph/hr on the box.There were other 90121 batts
that showed 1.2 amp/hr capacity. Tha's a good deal IF they continue to
deliver the charge first seen on my charger. Pat

clare at snyder.on.ca October 15th 07 11:46 PM

OT cordless drill battery replacement headsup

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:25:35 -0700, "patrick mitchel"
wrote:

[...]

It's pretty safe to bet they won't. If they maintain 1.7 it will be a
miracle.

Randy October 16th 07 04:03 PM

wrote:

[...]

I'm not sure your charge current relates 1:1 with battery capacity,
but I think I might try that too. My Milwaukee batteries are zero for
three. Two I've fixed by soldering broken leads inside, the third
will no longer hold a charge. I'm now on my second milwaukee charger,
they seem to drop like flys. This charger will now kill the battery
stone dead if you leave the battery in after it's charged.

I priced out some replacement sub-c's at 9.99 each. Makes the HF deal
sound great.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

patrick mitchel October 19th 07 02:48 PM

wrote:

It's pretty safe to bet they won't. If they maintain 1.7 it will be a
miracle.

I'll settle for that at less then 70 cents /cell. Pat