DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Another Bearing Question: Part Number - Suffix? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/217587-another-bearing-question-part-number-suffix.html)

John JJ October 15th 07 07:04 PM

Another Bearing Question: Part Number - Suffix?

I bought some SKF bearings and the suffix part number is "XXXXX 2LS JEM"

"2LS" - both side seals
"JEM" - What is JEM?

Anyone who is familiar with bearing please explains "JEM"

SKF website http://www.ahrinternational.com/SKF_nomenclature.shtml

Ned Simmons October 15th 07 07:38 PM

Another Bearing Question: Part Number - Suffix?

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:04:34 -0700, John JJ
wrote:

I bought some SKF bearings and the suffix part number is "XXXXX 2LS JEM"

"2LS" - both side seals
"JEM" - What is JEM?

Anyone who is familiar with bearing please explains "JEM"

If the bearings are run-of-the-mill deep groove radial bearings, my
educated guess is:
J = pressed steel cage
EM = electric motor quality (the bearing will run quieter than the
normal standard)

--
Ned Simmons

John JJ October 16th 07 06:24 PM

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:42:06 -0500, JohnB wrote:

http://www.skf.com/files/150823.pdf

pages 29,32

Thank you, appreciate your help.

Wes[_2_] October 20th 07 05:36 PM

Ned Simmons wrote:

If the bearings are run-of-the-mill deep groove radial bearings, my
educated guess is:

Outside of angular contact, what is a shallow groove bearing?

Wes