DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT-We need smarter cops. (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215928-ot-we-need-smarter-cops.html)

azotic September 29th 07 01:48 AM

OT-We need smarter cops.

One for the Hmmmmm.... files.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...41132320070925

Best Regards
Tom.

Martin H. Eastburn September 29th 07 04:03 AM

OT-We need smarter cops.

Ok - I suppose they can turn off the engine and take the keys.
Let the violators cook their brain.
What it sounds to me is simply incomplete equipment in the car.
1. A screen between where the rats are held and the front seat.
2. A remote control that kills the engine at the want and willing
of the officer.
3. A remote control that blows up the car if threatened or stolen.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

F. George McDuffee September 29th 07 07:01 AM

OT-We need smarter cops.

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:48:25 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

One for the Hmmmmm.... files.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...41132320070925

Best Regards
Tom.

===============
Problem is that the police are in a "no win" situation.

If they cuffed the *MINORS* with their hands behind their back,
and placed them in a car with a screen and no interior door
handles, possibly with the cuffs fastened to a restraint chain
fastened to the floor of the car, there is a good chance the
police would have been accused of "over reaction" and/or abuse.

Remember what happened to the two Border Patrol agents that shot
the convicted drug smugger in the butt?

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.

Michael A. Terrell September 29th 07 11:06 AM

OT-We need smarter cops.

wrote:

One for the Hmmmmm.... files.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsO...41132320070925

Best Regards
Tom.

===============
Problem is that the police are in a "no win" situation.

If they cuffed the *MINORS* with their hands behind their back,
and placed them in a car with a screen and no interior door
handles, possibly with the cuffs fastened to a restraint chain
fastened to the floor of the car, there is a good chance the
police would have been accused of "over reaction" and/or abuse.

Remember what happened to the two Border Patrol agents that shot
the convicted drug smugger in the butt?

One county Sheriff's department in Florida has decided to put video
of any high speed chase on You tube:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marioncountyso&search=Search

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.