Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source needed, something equivalent to these Continental Abrasivemetal prep disks

http://www.bobcometal.com/bobcomall/product.asp?dept_id=2000&pf_id=HWCWCON4X5%2F8&dept =Cutting+%26+Grinding+Wheel

I bought a bunch of these disks in the very fine gray, and
fine red, from Blue Collar Supply in Sacramento some years
ago. I'm down to my last one which will be mostly used up by
the end of the day. I decided to see if I could buy direct
so I wouldn't have to make a 100 mile round trip for more.
After an hour on the web, the above link is the only one I
found to the disks I want. And this outfit does not list
them in their catalog anymore. That page is apparently an
orphan page that Google found but there are no links to it
from the supplier's pages.

These have a material for intents and purposes, like
Scotchbrite, and they work very very well for putting a
finer finish on SS than sanding disks and wear a lot longer
than hook/loop abrasive pads. Well, so long as you don't
catch a sharp edge. Do that and the stuff comes off like
cheese in a grater....

Anyway, these were made in Taiwan and I suspect Continental
was just an importer. Does anyone recognize this disk and
know where I can find more, or something functionally identical?

Free brewski for first valid lead, must be picked up in
Grass Valley.

Thanks,

Jon

Where can I find floor mounted electrical outlets with Continental European sockets ? [email protected] Home Repair 2 October 26th 06 06:54 PM
source for Tin needed KJM Metalworking 3 August 27th 05 02:45 PM
FA: New, HSS, Continental style gouge B Jones Woodturning 0 May 30th 05 09:31 PM
need source for 6" h&l disks [email protected] Woodworking 3 February 17th 05 05:04 PM
Vulcan Continental Boiler Not Firing John Huckerby UK diy 4 October 9th 04 12:40 PM