Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Clausing 5904 Drive Parts, any interest?

All

I'm in the process of converting this lathe to VFD and while I'm not
positive which parts will get reused I'd thought I'd see if there is any
interest in the surplussed parts.

So far:

Original 2hp 3ph motor and mounting brackets w/ variable pulley. Has
newish plastic bushing that tends to be problematic on these. Also have
what I think are new plastic bushings (I'll have to check).

Complete counter shaft assembly with cog pulley, other variable pulley,
clutch and brake in mounting frame.

Master cylinder (needs a rebuild), slave cylinder (good), hydraulic
hose, speed dial. No balance spring and spring housing but I might have
a good one on hand.

Known issues:

Master cylinder leaks by but there is a needle valve installed to hold
speed once it's set. Clutch hops out of engagement, ramp/detent piece
is worn. This is probably still available from Clausing.

I'll probably be keeping the apron mounted clutch/brake lever, shaft,
and linkage to incorporate into the VFD setup, we'll see.

All this should fit any 5900 series Clausing or retrofit the cone pulley
models (don't know the models but DoN has one I think)

I'd prefer to sell as one lot, you pick up (near Chicago). Haven't
decided on price yet but should be pretty reasonable especially if I
don't have to clean, crate, and ship.

I'm just checking if anybody is interested, it will probably be about a
month before I do anything with these parts. Reply here or the above
email which should work.

Regards
Paul

It's a Linux world....well, it oughta be.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

According to Paul :
All

I'm in the process of converting this lathe to VFD and while I'm not
positive which parts will get reused I'd thought I'd see if there is any
interest in the surplussed parts.

[ ... ]

All this should fit any 5900 series Clausing or retrofit the cone pulley
models (don't know the models but DoN has one I think)

Try 5418 for the 12x24" size -- so the 5400 series.

[ ... ]

I'm just checking if anybody is interested, it will probably be about a
month before I do anything with these parts. Reply here or the above
email which should work.

Well ... *I* don't want them because the step pulley works well
enough, and eventually I plan to change to VFD and three phase motor,
while retaining the step pulleys for extremes on the slow or fast speed
sides.

Good Luck,
DoN.
--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564