DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boeing and metrcication question (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215304-re-boeing-metrcication-question.html)

Ed Huntress September 22nd 07 05:20 PM

Boeing and metrcication question

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message news:...

Use of the SI vs. cgm continues to be unsettled in many fields.

Whoops, that's "cgs" (centimeter, gram, second) not "cgm."

--
Ed Huntress

Martin H. Eastburn September 23rd 07 04:17 AM

Boeing and metrcication question

Small Physics (particles and below) use CGS, real world uses MKS.
Since CGS is the fundamental units it takes over.

I added a rather large list of non-unit names in this group.
Such is life.

Martin
Martin H. Eastburn
TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal.
http://lufkinced.com/

Wayne Lundberg September 23rd 07 05:09 PM

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message news:...

Use of the SI vs. cgm continues to be unsettled in many fields.

Whoops, that's "cgs" (centimeter, gram, second) not "cgm."

--
Ed Huntress

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Thank you one and all... but my question remains unanswered. Has Boeing gone
metric?

If Boeing is behind schedule on the dreamliner due to rivet shortages caused
by huge orders from Airbus... and these things are measured and made to US
standards... well?