DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sieg U2 Universal Milling / Drilling / Grinding machine? (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/215222-sieg-u2-universal-milling-drilling-grinding-machine.html)

Louis Ohland September 21st 07 05:59 PM

Sieg U2 Universal Milling / Drilling / Grinding machine?

http://www.siegind.com/Products/br-u2-lathe.htm

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

Now if it could only cook...

Alan Wright September 22nd 07 01:06 AM

"Louis Ohland" wrote in message ...
http://www.siegind.com/Products/br-u2-lathe.htm

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

Now if it could only cook...

Yes, but so far, you can't buy one from a US dealer. :-(

Alan

Nick Mueller September 22nd 07 01:34 PM

Louis Ohland wrote:

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

A it on the heavy side with 185230kg. :-))

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Nick Mueller September 22nd 07 01:42 PM

Louis Ohland wrote:

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

A bit on the heavy side with 185230kg. :-))

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de

Louis Ohland September 22nd 07 01:44 PM

Nick Mueller wrote:
Louis Ohland wrote:

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

A it on the heavy side with 185230kg. :-))

Nick

I'm trying to figure out the shipping weight. I assume they meant 185kg
/ 230kg. That's 45kg of crating/bracing, or 99 pounds. 185kg would be
405 pounds for the U2, I wonder if that includes the stand?

Also, I thought Grizzly carried the U2, but after seeing the U2 on
Sieg's site, it doesn't seem so.

Spehro Pefhany September 22nd 07 03:23 PM

Sieg U2 Universal Milling / Drilling / Grinding machine?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:59:13 -0500, the renowned Louis Ohland
wrote:

http://www.siegind.com/Products/br-u2-lathe.htm

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

Now if it could only cook...

I want one!

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Mark Rand September 22nd 07 04:08 PM

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 14:42:38 +0200, Nick Mueller wrote:

Louis Ohland wrote:

What the heck? You can use it for a horizontal milling machine, an MT3
tooled mill, and a surface grinder?

A bit on the heavy side with 185230kg. :-))

Nick

Weight is good for a grinder. This must be a _very_ good grinder.

Mark Rand
RTFM