Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Pet Food, Toothpaste, Lead Paint, and now....

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:51:59 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

Every wonder why companies are working so hard to keep food labeling
limited and prevent source of production labeling? Because the
consumer would rather eat food grown in America.

This consumer buys quality Australian fresh food, rarely
anything in cans. We do see American citrus in our off season but it
is a bit expensive for my pension so I stick to apples & pears & fruit
juice.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Every wonder why companies are working so hard to keep food labeling
limited and prevent source of production labeling? Because the
consumer would rather eat food grown in America.

This consumer buys quality Australian fresh food, rarely
anything in cans. We do see American citrus in our off season but it
is a bit expensive for my pension so I stick to apples & pears & fruit
juice.

I think he's speaking of American consumers. g And I think he's right,
whether you're speaking of American consumers eating American-grown food, or
French consumers eating French-grown food, etcetera.

Retailers have always fought labeling, including source labeling.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news
wrote:

Every wonder why companies are working so hard to keep food labeling
limited and prevent source of production labeling? Because the
consumer would rather eat food grown in America.

This consumer buys quality Australian fresh food, rarely
anything in cans. We do see American citrus in our off season but it
is a bit expensive for my pension so I stick to apples & pears & fruit
juice.

I think he's speaking of American consumers. g And I think he's right,
whether you're speaking of American consumers eating American-grown food, or
French consumers eating French-grown food, etcetera.

Retailers have always fought labeling, including source labeling.

--
Ed Huntress

Especially source labeling.

If the consumer is GIVEN a choice, they choose local produce or
produce from their country.

To withhold the information is in the company's financial interest.

TMT