Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default ping Ernie and Gunner California TIG class?

It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

Thanks,
BobH
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

BobH wrote:
It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together! He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Grant
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Grant Erwin wrote:
BobH wrote:

It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together!
He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Hmm, if Ernie ever comes to St. Louis, I could set up a class of
eager wannabe TIGers real quick. I know a bunch of people who
own TIG machines of a variety of sizes, mostly Miller, but I
have a Lincoln, and would be real eager to learn from a real pro!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:
Grant Erwin wrote:

BobH wrote:

It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me
there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together!
He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location,
find machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Hmm, if Ernie ever comes to St. Louis, I could set up a class of eager
wannabe TIGers real quick. I know a bunch of people who own TIG
machines of a variety of sizes, mostly Miller, but I have a Lincoln, and
would be real eager to learn from a real pro!

I don't have time to put a class together,
but if one should happen in either Sacramento
Valley or the Bay Area, I'd be there with
my machine.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Elson wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:
BobH wrote:

It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together!
He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Hmm, if Ernie ever comes to St. Louis, I could set up a class of
eager wannabe TIGers real quick. I know a bunch of people who
own TIG machines of a variety of sizes, mostly Miller, but I
have a Lincoln, and would be real eager to learn from a real pro!

Jon

One in SL would be close enough that I'd go and bring my Syncrowave 250.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 10:24:09 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

BobH wrote:
It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together! He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Grant

The shop I had lined up for the class, called me Wed. Seems a guy
walked into the office and was surprised to find a functioning
business going on.

Seems the building owner sold it to him..didnt bother to tell the
company leasing it..and told him he could move in Oct 1.

Big news to the GM of the shop....so he called me..said Ive got
another Project.

YES!!!!

Now Ive got to line up movers, riggers and figure out how to take down
the 10,000 lb overhead traveling cranes..and move them, then set em up
again.

This is slightly complicated by the fact they havent found a building
to move into yet....

The clock is ticking.....and I suspect the lawyers are marshaling
forces (or should be....)

Ive no idea where to spot a class area at this moment. But Ill make
sure welding power is the first to go in, when they find a building.

Ill be putting in automatic seam welders for those stainless steel
tanks they make...so ......

On the other hand..Ive never heard a word from Ernie on this either.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Grant Erwin wrote:
BobH wrote:
It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together!
He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Thanks Grant. There is not a lot I can contribute to this since I am not
in California, other than possibly loading up my machine and some
material and driving over.

From Gunners post, it looks like he is going to be one busy guy for a
while.

Thanks,
BobH
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

BobH wrote:
[...]

Sorry, been a bit busy at school.
The window is still open for me.
I will have 2 weekends wide open with nothing to do but wander around
Anaheim...yechhh!

I will likely just read a lot of books and watch a lot of DVDs .
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:
Jon Elson wrote:
Grant Erwin wrote:
BobH wrote:

It's getting closer to October and I was wondering if this event was
still going to happen?

I'm going to jump in here, having just talked to Ernie. Ernie told me there
ain't gonna be a class unless someone down there pulls it together!
He'll be
down there, but he's not going to recruit people, find a location, find
machines, find material to practice on, etc.

So if you SoCal guys want a welding class out of Ernie, you'd better get
crackin'!

Hmm, if Ernie ever comes to St. Louis, I could set up a class of
eager wannabe TIGers real quick. I know a bunch of people who
own TIG machines of a variety of sizes, mostly Miller, but I
have a Lincoln, and would be real eager to learn from a real pro!

Jon

One in SL would be close enough that I'd go and bring my Syncrowave 250.

I'd do the same thing!!!

Come on Ernie! St. Louis is calling you!!!

Stuart
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 16:02:36 -0700, Ernie Leimkuhler
wrote:
wrote:
BobH wrote:

[...]

Oh, the people who own this shop had better have lawyers straining
at the leash if this is the first they've heard of it - I realize that
the legal protections are much less for commercial tenants than
residential, but they can't just walk in and say "Out, Now!" and
expect to get away with it.

If nothing else, the lawyers can stall for time. It's easy to fake
total incompetence and stretch it out.

90 days would be a bare minimum for reasonable. They might be able
to negotiate to let the new owners put their 'stuff' on one side of
the building while the old tenants shove their stuff to the other side
(and some temporary chain-link fencing down the middle) but that would
provide good leverage for getting time concessions.

Ive no idea where to spot a class area at this moment. But I'll make
sure welding power is the first to go in, when they find a building.

Ill be putting in automatic seam welders for those stainless steel
tanks they make...so ......

On the other hand..Ive never heard a word from Ernie on this either.

I don't have my own yet, but I have a friend with aspirations to buy
a TIG, and he recently landed a position at a BIG entertainment
industry shop in Sun Valley, I wonder if it has enough power there...
Hell, they have to have a "Company Switch" feeder box there - they
have to test run dimmer banks and stage lights, etc.

(We could always run an extension cord over to the LADWP Valley
Steam Plant - that should be enough...)

I need to call you, Gunner - same friend also might have some
connections on available space, depending on where they want to end
up. Couldn't hurt to ask...

Sorry, been a bit busy at school.
The window is still open for me.
I will have 2 weekends wide open with nothing to do but wander around
Anaheim...yechhh!

I will likely just read a lot of books and watch a lot of DVDs .

If all else fails, I can give you the R.C.M Tour of Disneyland and
DCA. There's a lot of gearhead stuff if you know where to look.

Fr'instance there are no lift chains on California Screamin', but
there are some BIG Honkin' Linear Induction Motors... (And some even
bigger capacitor banks and motor drives hidden under the pier.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 23:01:51 -0700, Bruce L. Bergman
wrote:

I need to call you, Gunner - same friend also might have some
connections on available space, depending on where they want to end
up. Couldn't hurt to ask...

805-732-5308

I can bring at least one tig machine to the party. Maybe 2. The one I
loaned to one friend, I got back today. The other, sits unused in the
other friends shop.

My big Squarewave 300,,,,thats not going anywhere.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Oh, the people who own this shop had better have lawyers straining
at the leash if this is the first they've heard of it - I realize that
the legal protections are much less for commercial tenants than
residential, but they can't just walk in and say "Out, Now!" and
expect to get away with it.

It all comes down to the lease and the notification provisions in it.
If the lease says 30 days, then no judge will give you anything good,
and might hit you with damages to the other guy for his loss of use, if
they gave you 30 days to get out. The new owner might have an issue
with the disclosures from the seller, since he expected an empty building...

Of course, there might have been a colossal mis-communication where each
party thought the other had evicted the original tenant...90 days
later...what are they still here for?

Great fun.

If nothing else, the lawyers can stall for time. It's easy to fake
total incompetence and stretch it out.

That might be more expensive than moving...

90 days would be a bare minimum for reasonable.

And I sure hope that's what they had in their lease when they wrote it.

They might be able
to negotiate to let the new owners put their 'stuff' on one side of
the building while the old tenants shove their stuff to the other side
(and some temporary chain-link fencing down the middle) but that would
provide good leverage for getting time concessions.

PING: Ernie Leimkuhler Eric R Snow Metalworking 3 May 11th 06 03:24 PM
PING: GUNNER michael Metalworking 17 September 18th 05 05:37 PM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 11 May 18th 05 05:25 AM
OT - Ping Gunner Cliff Metalworking 1 March 15th 05 10:34 AM
Ping: Gunner jim rozen Metalworking 3 November 22nd 03 03:40 PM