Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal Light Reflector

We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob AZ wrote:

We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

What do you want to do? Find another one? Make one?

GWE
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 13, 7:03?pm, Grant Erwin wrote:
Bob AZ wrote:
Any ideas?

What do you want to do? Find another one? Make one?

GWE

Find another one for an outdoor lighting fixture over the entrance to
my shop.

Bob AZ

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Bob AZ" wrote in message
oups.com...
We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob AZ

These fixtures were common 60 to 80 years ago. I'd try one of those places
that deals in salvage building materials from old buildings.

I've seen these fixtures mounted over shop doors, hanging over pool tables
and even used as street lights... But that was a lot of years ago.

Jerry

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob AZ wrote:
Any ideas?

What do you want to do? Find another one? Make one?

GWE

Find another one for an outdoor lighting fixture over the entrance to
my shop.

Bob AZ

I've seen those all over the place. I'm sure you can find one at most
any local lighting showroom (lighting only, not big box store). If they
don't have it on the floor they will absolutely recognize it and be able
to order it. They're real popular with the various big corporation
stores and restaurants trying to pretend they're "country".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 13, 9:48 pm, Bob AZ wrote:
We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Excellent excuse to start metal spinning- or cut up an old, large,
bundt pan!

I like those style lights a lot, many different effects avail. by
using different bulbs, like the ones that are silvered on the part
that faces down.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:48:30 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Bob
AZ quickly quoth:

We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

http://tinyurl.com/2olhff 2 possibles on eBay.

Google for "warehouse light" or "industrial light"

---
"Some of us are wondering if we have created a monster."
Kevin Vranes, climate scientist, University of Colorado
talking about global warming hysteria, January, 2007.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 13, 9:48 pm, Bob AZ wrote:
We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bob AZ

Excellent excuse to start metal spinning- or cut up an old, large,
bundt pan!

I like those style lights a lot, many different effects avail. by
using different bulbs, like the ones that are silvered on the part
that faces down.

Dave

In an Applebees or MC one time, I saw large copper colanders that were
turned upside down and made into table lights. The light shone through the
perforations, and was perfect. The copper (or plate) looked cool, too.
Have also seen large copper pots done the same.

Not hard for a metlworker.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Excellent excuse to start metal spinning- or cut up an old, large,
bundt pan!

Motohome hubcap?
--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:48:30 -0700, Bob AZ
wrote:

We used to have a large flat metal reflector on an outdoor light
fixture, Maybe 18" to 24" diameter, green on top and white on the
bottom. The reflector was mounted in a horizontal plane and rippled
around the edge like corrugated metal roofing. Probably coated with
porcelain. I tried to find something like this on Ebay to no avail.

Any ideas?

Like this?
http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/stre...ts/radial3.jpg

Try "radial wave" in your search string. I think the originals were
produced by GE during the transition from arc to incandescent lamps,
at least that's my recollection from when I was looking for one about
20 years ago. Despite the fact the fact they were all over town when I
was a kid, I never found one for sale.

--
Ned Simmons

Light rope reflector EXT Home Repair 6 September 24th 05 07:26 PM
Parabolic reflector Malcolm Stewart UK diy 5 June 23rd 05 02:44 PM
Parabolic shape for reflector Malcolm Stewart UK diy 65 March 23rd 05 05:20 PM
R95 reflector light bulbs on the fence UK diy 2 January 27th 05 09:38 AM
R63 Reflector bulbs Sparks UK diy 10 October 26th 03 01:53 PM