Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default That damned Tool Farie stikes again

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:42:47 GMT, Trevor Jones
wrote:

Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:50:07 -0700, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

Gunner wrote:

Michigan?

Hummm...I have a 1961 Indian motorcycle sitting in my Dads garage in
Grayling, that Id really like have sitting in my shop here in
California. Its possible I could get it down to the Troy/Detroit
area...

Perhaps we can help each other out?

I don't want to get your hopes up. That was a tongue-in-cheek
response.

Grayling, Mi is whopping 32 miles from me.

If the company ever sends me for training in California, I'll drop you
line.

Wes

Since I'm only a few hours away, If you go to CA to visit Gunner, I'll go
with you. We could drink all his Mountain Dew and play with his toys for
few days. I'd look forward to lessons in .45 calliber. I wonder how
long
it would take to be asked to leave.

Sounds like fun. You could pick me up on your way past TX.

GREAT IDEA!!! Let's ALL go to Gunner's for a few weeks! Throw another
shrimp on the barby.

Ill just have to butcher another beef. Who wants to run the
chainsaw? Works great for quartering up a cow.

Rubber suits are for sissies.

But with you guys..Ill have to draw straws to see who gets to head
shoot it...or lay out in the pasture with the 4570 and do it the
indian way.

Gunner

You mean from the side of the road, with a million candlepower jacklight?

Or there is a different way used down there?

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Nah..not for cows. They are stupid and stand up in the middle of the
field during the daylight.

Drop one, chain up the hind legs to the backhoe or truck crane, and
butcher it up with a chainsaw. Fast and easy, particularly if its
someone elses cow.

The new cordless saws make it even simpler and quiter.

A couple thousand mexicans every year cant be wrong

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 21:12:45 -0400, Gerald Miller
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 13:04:58 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:50:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

GREAT IDEA!!! Let's ALL go to Gunner's for a few weeks! Throw another
shrimp on the barby.

Barbeques are unnecessary in Taft in the summer. Just toss the meat on
the top of your vehicle trunk or hood. It'll cook in no time.

--LJ, who's been to GunnerWorld(tm) and lived to tell about it.

Got Google Earth up but can't identify Gunnerland - what are his
coordinates?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

http://www.city-data.com/city/South-...alifornia.html

Latitude: 35.13 N, Longitude: 119.46 W

This is one of the best parts...

Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
South Taft: 1.0% ($362)
California: 0.7% ($1,564)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 02:53:15 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 02:50:07 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

GREAT IDEA!!! Let's ALL go to Gunner's for a few weeks! Throw another
shrimp on the barby.

Barbeques are unnecessary in Taft in the summer. Just toss the meat on
the top of your vehicle trunk or hood. It'll cook in no time.

--LJ, who's been to GunnerWorld(tm) and lived to tell about it.

Got Google Earth up but can't identify Gunnerland - what are his
coordinates?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

http://www.city-data.com/city/South-...alifornia.html

Latitude: 35.13 N, Longitude: 119.46 W

They musta beed wrong. Google Earth has Taft at 35.08 x 119.26 and
you're at precisely 35d8'3.05" N by 119d27'22.40" W. Not a real clear
picture, and no 3-D. I was amazed at the clarity of the foothills
around my house on GE; simply amazed.

This is one of the best parts...

Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
South Taft: 1.0% ($362)
California: 0.7% ($1,564)

Um, well, it's not exactly Beverly Hills, ya gotta admit. ;0
--
Who is John Galt?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John Husvar wrote:
In article rfDGi.64247$vP5.42727@edtnps90,
Trevor Jones wrote:

You mean from the side of the road, with a million candlepower jacklight?

Or there is a different way used down there?

Cheers
Trevor Jones

No, darnit, that's for deer! Cows they just shoot whenever they need
one. No closed season.

A couple bud's of mine were hunting in Northern Saskatchewan. They
watched a guy get out of his truck, take two shots at a moose, across a
cut from the road, stand there for a few minutes, then he got back in
his truck and carried on, without being bothered to go check for blood
or anything.

Guy was wearing sandals and shorts. What do you figure the odds were
that he was going to hump a moose carcass out of the bush, even a short
ways.

They had a chat with the Conservation officers about that particular
"steward of the land", who said that was far too common. They would
shoot, and if it did not drop in sight, it was not looked for.

Yeesh.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 10:23:35 -0700, wrote:

On Sep 11, 10:31 pm, Gunner wrote:

When I wasnt looking, someone stuck a nasty old cast iron table with 2
drill press thngies mounted on it. in my trailer Both the table and
the drill thingies say Walker-Turner or some such. Each got one of
those 110vt plugs on em.

And while they were at it...they also stuck in something that I dont
recognize. Sorta kinda like a grinder thingy. Name plate says Harig
Tool Cutter Grinder. WTF? Whats a Harig?

And they put all these plastic wrapped thingies...Indexer? In there
with it. There is some sort of accessory thing with an air connection
sticking out of the middle of it..and something with a motor and
belts. The stuff is all oily and shiney inside the plastic. Something
must have leaked.

I suspect that you bought all this stuff yourself. But then,
that would make you a fairy, right?

Dan

Didnt pay a cent for any of it. In fact, I couldnt afford to buy a set
up like that.

Tool and cutter grinders are going the way of the dodo. Inserts are
cheap, fast and consistant and thats the name of the game in
production machine shops.

The fellow that gave this stuff to me, said he couldnt afford to have
them in the shop, as it cost money for someone to make custom tooling
or sharpen tools, that could be purchased right off the shelf in
insert form.

And he is right.

Gunner

Yup. CNC cutter grinders for custom shapes and resharps, if you are
going to bother at all.

Makes a lot of great, versatile grinder available for the hobby guys,
while they last.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

But with you guys..Ill have to draw straws to see who gets to head
shoot it...or lay out in the pasture with the 4570 and do it the
indian way.

I can bring my own Marlin guide gun or borrow uncles hiwall. I shot up all
my ammo for it yesterday but I'll make more....

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

Gunner wrote:

[...]

The bar oil adds flavor to the meat. Use a sawzall with a long clean
blade.

John

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

they have it right. Im aprox 1000 yrds to the south of the center of
Taft, in an unencorperated area called South Taft.

This is one of the best parts...

Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units in 2000:
South Taft: 1.0% ($362)
California: 0.7% ($1,564)

Um, well, it's not exactly Beverly Hills, ya gotta admit. ;0

Ayup. Who the hell wants to live in BH?

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:24:23 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gunner wrote:

But with you guys..Ill have to draw straws to see who gets to head
shoot it...or lay out in the pasture with the 4570 and do it the
indian way.

I can bring my own Marlin guide gun or borrow uncles hiwall. I shot up all
my ammo for it yesterday but I'll make more....

Wes

Works for me.

Bring the Hiwall..I love em.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Pete C." wrote in message

Tom Gardner wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message

Gunner wrote:

[...]

Bar oil? You dont use oil on the blade. Fresh blood and tissue lubes
the bar and chain really well.

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 11:58:46 -0400, john wrote:

The bar oil adds flavor to the meat. Use a sawzall with a long clean
blade.

John

Sesame oil for bar oil? should work quite well. Might want to use canola in
the engine though.

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

But with you guys..Ill have to draw straws to see who gets to head
shoot it...or lay out in the pasture with the 4570 and do it the
indian way.

I can bring my own Marlin guide gun or borrow uncles hiwall. I shot up all
my ammo for it yesterday but I'll make more....

Hell, we used to slaughter th' cattle with a big assed sledge hammer
that had a pointed, conical protrusion about 5" long on one end. Run
'em down a chute, lock a gate behind 'em and bury that sledge hammer
between their eyes from a stand just above 'em.

Wrap a chain around their hind legs, raise 'em up via a chain hoist,
bleed 'em gut 'em, skin 'em, and hang 'em for a week er so. We saved
th' bullets fer huntin' g.

Snarl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007
12:14:53 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

The bar oil adds flavor to the meat. Use a sawzall with a long clean
blade.

John

Bar oil? You dont use oil on the blade. Fresh blood and tissue lubes
the bar and chain really well.

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

I was going to ask,"something else you've heard of.." but then,
iffen it is so quiet, who would hear it anyway?
Sort of like the state which allow the sale and owner ship of
silencers, but not the use of them. I mean, who would hear about it if
you did?

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 15:05:16 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

I was going to ask,"something else you've heard of.." but then,
iffen it is so quiet, who would hear it anyway?
Sort of like the state which allow the sale and owner ship of
silencers, but not the use of them. I mean, who would hear about it if
you did?

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich

This sort of fast and furious meat harvesting is fairly common in the
western states. Usually illegal aliens will shoot a cow out in a
distant field, and have it chopped up (chainsaw), loaded and be gone
before the rancher hears the echo of the shot.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned
Gunner Asch wrote on Sun, 16 Sep 2007
16:06:54 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

I was going to ask,"something else you've heard of.." but then,
iffen it is so quiet, who would hear it anyway?
Sort of like the state which allow the sale and owner ship of
silencers, but not the use of them. I mean, who would hear about it if
you did?

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich

This sort of fast and furious meat harvesting is fairly common in the
western states. Usually illegal aliens will shoot a cow out in a
distant field, and have it chopped up (chainsaw), loaded and be gone
before the rancher hears the echo of the shot.

Errg. Not good. Tends to sour the milk of human kindness.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. "
Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD
(A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Indeed, and in some cases...earn you the S3 award

Shoot, shovel and shutup.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In their flying saucers of course.
Karl

wrote:

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

I was going to ask,"something else you've heard of.." but then,
iffen it is so quiet, who would hear it anyway?
Sort of like the state which allow the sale and owner ship of
silencers, but not the use of them. I mean, who would hear about it if
you did?

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich

This sort of fast and furious meat harvesting is fairly common in the
western states. Usually illegal aliens will shoot a cow out in a
distant field, and have it chopped up (chainsaw), loaded and be gone
before the rancher hears the echo of the shot.

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Bar oil? You dont use oil on the blade. Fresh blood and tissue lubes
the bar and chain really well.

Some olive or peanut oil might not hurt. Blood tends to rust things.
Something about hemoglobin and oxygen. That is why one should clean and oil
his toad sticker after using it.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Errg. Not good. Tends to sour the milk of human kindness.

tschus
pyotr

Indeed, and in some cases...earn you the S3 award

Shoot, shovel and shutup.

There is a lot of empty space out west.... The great lakes are very deep....
and hogs eat just about everything.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:12:56 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Errg. Not good. Tends to sour the milk of human kindness.

tschus
pyotr

Indeed, and in some cases...earn you the S3 award

Shoot, shovel and shutup.

There is a lot of empty space out west.... The great lakes are very deep....
and hogs eat just about everything.

Wes

And even the most evil guy, is good, down deep.

Gunner

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:58:22 -0000, "
wrote:

In their flying saucers of course.
Karl

No..usually in a clapped out mini van or pickup truck.
Lots of meat in a cow, if you simply are breaking it down into
manuverable pieces...nearly a 1000 lbs.

Illegal aliens in flying saucers...now there is a concept....

wrote:

Now a rechargeable sawzall would be pretty good and the sound doesnt
carry very far. Which is important when its not your pasture, or your
cow you are butchering .

I was going to ask,"something else you've heard of.." but then,
iffen it is so quiet, who would hear it anyway?
Sort of like the state which allow the sale and owner ship of
silencers, but not the use of them. I mean, who would hear about it if
you did?

Gunner
--
pyotr filipivich

This sort of fast and furious meat harvesting is fairly common in the
western states. Usually illegal aliens will shoot a cow out in a
distant field, and have it chopped up (chainsaw), loaded and be gone
before the rancher hears the echo of the shot.

Gunner- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Trevor Jones wrote:

hobby guys, while they last.

Very true. Fading away rapidly with the failing schools and the products
thereof...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

In their flying saucers of course.
Karl

No..usually in a clapped out mini van or pickup truck.
Lots of meat in a cow, if you simply are breaking it down into
manuverable pieces...nearly a 1000 lbs.

Illegal aliens in flying saucers...now there is a concept....

Well, no green card = illegal alien (shrug)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:15:46 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Errg. Not good. Tends to sour the milk of human kindness.

tschus
pyotr

Indeed, and in some cases...earn you the S3 award

Shoot, shovel and shutup.

There is a lot of empty space out west.... The great lakes are very deep....
and hogs eat just about everything.

Wes

And even the most evil guy, is good, down deep.

Guy or gal, huh?
http://hytaipan.home.comcast.net/media/serenity2.html
Watch until the end. I'm sure you'll bust a gut.

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:06:46 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

And even the most evil guy, is good, down deep.

Guy or gal, huh?
http://hytaipan.home.comcast.net/media/serenity2.html
Watch until the end. I'm sure you'll bust a gut.

--

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Humm...dont most witches melt when they get wet?

Gunner