Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Notice about Peter Grey

Hi Everyone - This is Peter Grey's wife, he posted here regularly and
talked to me about this newsgroup frequently. Unfortunately Peter
passed away last Thursday after battling cancer for the past eighteen
months. It was a long and arduous fight and we was incredibly strong
throughout. I wanted to pass this along because he enjoyed the
discussions on this newsgroup so much. Forgive me if I've violated any
newsgroup rules - this is the first time I've ever posted to a group
in my life. The Memorial Service will be held this Saturday, 9/15 at
The Century Club in San Francisco, at 2pm, for anyone interested, and
we're asking for donations instead of flowers to go to The Grey Family
Fund at The San Francisco School, 300 Gaven St, SF, CA 94134. Email
me with questions. BTW - we have a 12 year old Peter had begun to
teach welding to and a garage/machine shop he inherits that eventually
I'll need to find an instructor for him to be able to use.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vicki Grey wrote:

[...]

Vicki, I haven't been on rec.crafts.metalworking for very long, but
you have my condolences and prayers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vicki Grey wrote:

[...]

My condolences, and sympathies to you and your family.

I am sure he will be missed.

Thanks, too, for taking the time.

Respectfully,

Trevor Jones

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vicki, please accept my condolences. How sad. Peter will be
remembered.

igor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vicki Grey wrote:

Hi Everyone - This is Peter Grey's wife, he posted here regularly and
talked to me about this newsgroup frequently. Unfortunately Peter
passed away last Thursday after battling cancer for the past eighteen
months.

I'm sorry for you and your sons loss.

[snip]

BTW - we have a 12 year old Peter had begun to
teach welding to and a garage/machine shop he inherits that eventually
I'll need to find an instructor for him to be able to use.

It might be helpful to post your general location to the list to see if
someone is nearby to act as a mentor should your son want to continue in
Peter's interests.

You have my deepest sympathies, the loss of a loved one is never easy.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

My deepest condolences. I believe Peter and I did some business a few
years back and I enjoyed meeting him when he came and visited. A very
interesting man

We discussed in private email his illness once some months ago, and he
was positive in outlook.

Im damned sorry his lost the fight.

My prayers for you and the rest of his family.

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vicki Grey wrote in news:1189488839.357073.322130@
57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com:

Please accept my condolences for you and your son's loss. Peter will be
missed.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 05:33:59 -0000, Vicki Grey
wrote:

[...]

Hey Mrs. Grey,

My condolences to yourself, your son, and family and friends. Peter
was surely one of the "good guys" on this newsgroup.

Keep your spirits up, and if it will do any good, I'm sure anyone here
on this group would be pleased to have your son make any "machining"
questions through yourself. I bet nothing would make Peter prouder
than his lad following in his hobby footsteps.

Again, my sympathies. I will make a small donation in Peter's memory
to the San Francisco School.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Vicki Grey" wrote

BTW - we have a 12 year old Peter had begun to
teach welding to and a garage/machine shop he inherits that eventually
I'll need to find an instructor for him to be able to use.

Peter wrote about experiences with his grandson. Things I think his
grandson will treasure.

The world needs more Peter Greys.

My condolences.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Vicki Grey" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

It is with profound sadness that I read this posting.

Peter and I had shared some very interesting emails in the past, and was,
indeed, one of the most decent of people on RCM. He was most proud to
show me pictures of some of his accomplishments on his machines as his
skills improved. He had developed into a fine craftsman with a great
deal of pride in his work. Surely, it represented the fine man he was.
My sincere condolences to you and the young lad.

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mrs. Grey,

You have most certainly not stepped outside of any sort of etiquette or
propriety with your posting- in fact, it is uncommon decent of you to
let us know because each of us here understand the importance of guiding
a young person in a skill which catches their interest.

Please accept our condolences and know that both you and the young man
he was teaching are welcome here any time. I know it's not worth much
today, but know that Peter has performed an act of great goodness and
your post indicates that he gained that which is worth most in the
world: the respect of a woman and a boy.

John