Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Aluminum Extrusions

On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Try Minalex. Die charges are not excessive, so you can pass the savings on
to your customer.
http://www.minalex.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 9, 8:07 pm, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Try Minalex. Die charges are not excessive, so you can pass the savings on
to your customer.http://www.minalex.com/

Thanks Anthony and Chas, appreciate your taking time to consider and
respond to my post. I'll be contacting Miralex today. K.