DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aluminum Extrusions (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/213877-aluminum-extrusions.html)

[email protected] September 10th 07 12:04 AM

Aluminum Extrusions

On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Anthony September 10th 07 02:28 AM

Aluminum Extrusions

wrote in news:1189375456.727340.146850@
19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

No matter what extruder you use, for small quantities, you are still
going to get hit with the die costs.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

Chas Hurst September 10th 07 03:07 AM

Aluminum Extrusions

wrote in message
ups.com...
On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Try Minalex. Die charges are not excessive, so you can pass the savings on
to your customer.
http://www.minalex.com/

[email protected] September 10th 07 03:46 PM

Aluminum Extrusions

On Sep 9, 8:07 pm, "Chas Hurst" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On occasions we have need of a small quantity of a custom extruded
aluminum shape. For the very small quantities we mill the desired
shape from bar. For the larger quantities, still smaller then most
extruders like to mess with, we pay the price and have the shape
extruded. And other times we pass the project because the cost is
simply too restrictive. Over the years we've scoured many online
business directories, phone books, and search engines hoping to
uncover that one gem of an extruder who embraces small quantity
requirements. We would enjoy any ideas anyone would wish to share
about any extruders you my know or additional places or resources
where we might look in this quest. Thanks, K.

Try Minalex. Die charges are not excessive, so you can pass the savings on
to your customer.http://www.minalex.com/

Thanks Anthony and Chas, appreciate your taking time to consider and
respond to my post. I'll be contacting Miralex today. K.