DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/213841-re-ot-seattle-man-gets-two-years-ebay-fraud.html)

Wes[_2_] September 9th 07 08:57 PM

OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Over a four-year period, Jordan Dias, 40, collected more than US
$94,000 from victims who thought they were purchasing items from a
legitimate seller, the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday in a
statement.

Dias, who defrauded more than 100 people via this scam will now have
to pay more than $73,000 in restitution, and serve three years parole
after his 24-month sentence.

******* should have to pay 2 x 94,000 dollars restitution.

Wes

Nick Hull September 10th 07 11:50 AM

OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

In article , Wes
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Over a four-year period, Jordan Dias, 40, collected more than US
$94,000 from victims who thought they were purchasing items from a
legitimate seller, the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday in a
statement.

Dias, who defrauded more than 100 people via this scam will now have
to pay more than $73,000 in restitution, and serve three years parole
after his 24-month sentence.

******* should have to pay 2 x 94,000 dollars restitution.

Wes

Do it the Biblical way; sell him for his debt ;)

Wes[_2_] September 10th 07 05:03 PM

nick hull wrote:

Do it the Biblical way; sell him for his debt ;)

Not sure he would bring nearly 200K with all the illegals around.

Wes

Nick Hull September 10th 07 07:49 PM

wrote:

nick hull wrote:

Do it the Biblical way; sell him for his debt ;)

Not sure he would bring nearly 200K with all the illegals around.

Worth more if you part him out ;)

Wes[_2_] September 10th 07 10:49 PM

nick hull wrote:

Not sure he would bring nearly 200K with all the illegals around.

Worth more if you part him out ;)

I wonder if we should reserve that to Enron level criminals? ;)

WEs

Larry Jaques September 11th 07 04:39 AM

OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:49:44 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, nick
hull quickly quoth:

In article , Wes
wrote:

nick hull wrote:

Do it the Biblical way; sell him for his debt ;)

Not sure he would bring nearly 200K with all the illegals around.

Worth more if you part him out ;)

NOW we're cookin'! dissective grin

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous

Larry Jaques September 11th 07 05:03 AM

OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:49:47 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

nick hull wrote:

Not sure he would bring nearly 200K with all the illegals around.

Worth more if you part him out ;)

I wonder if we should reserve that to Enron level criminals? ;)

Nah. It's a perfect and literal example of the trickle down theory.
groan

Michael A. Terrell September 11th 07 06:23 AM

OT - Seattle Man Gets Two Years for eBay Fraud

nick hull wrote:

In article , Wes
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Over a four-year period, Jordan Dias, 40, collected more than US
$94,000 from victims who thought they were purchasing items from a
legitimate seller, the U.S. Department of Justice said Friday in a
statement.

Dias, who defrauded more than 100 people via this scam will now have
to pay more than $73,000 in restitution, and serve three years parole
after his 24-month sentence.

******* should have to pay 2 x 94,000 dollars restitution.

Wes

Do it the Biblical way; sell him for his debt ;)

'Biblical' would be to repay the debt sevenfold.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida