DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   can someone identify this mill (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/213840-can-someone-identify-mill.html)

Bob in Phx September 9th 07 07:24 PM

can someone identify this mill

found it on craigslist, didnt buy it ($500.00 asking price), but I was
interested to see if anyone had ever seen one like this... and if possible,
is this a good price????
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/for/416196973.html
Bob in phx.

Gunner[_2_] September 9th 07 08:18 PM

can someone identify this mill

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 11:24:15 -0700, "Bob in Phx"
wrote:

found it on craigslist, didnt buy it ($500.00 asking price), but I was
interested to see if anyone had ever seen one like this... and if possible,
is this a good price????
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/for/416196973.html
Bob in phx.

Looks like an old Eglin or Diamond. Its worth about $50 or less in
that condition.

Gunner

[email protected] September 9th 07 09:23 PM

On Sep 9, 2:24 pm, "Bob in Phx" wrote:
found it on craigslist, didnt buy it ($500.00 asking price), but I was
interested to see if anyone had ever seen one like this... and if possible,
is this a good price????http://phoenix.craigslist.org/for/416196973.html
Bob in phx.

I believe it is a Benchmaster. See:

http://www.lathes.co.uk/benchmaster/index.html

Errol Groff September 9th 07 10:41 PM

wrote:

found it on craigslist, didnt buy it ($500.00 asking price), but I was
interested to see if anyone had ever seen one like this... and if possible,
is this a good price????
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/for/416196973.html
Bob in phx.

Looks to me like a Benchmaster. I used one similar to it for many
years while doing industrial modelmakeing. With imagination there is
no limit to what you can make with it (within the limits of it's
size).

Errol Groff

Bob in Phx September 9th 07 10:52 PM

can someone identify this mill

thanks to all who responded... It does look like a benchmaster... I sure
would have like to have that old girl, but as I suspected, the price was way
too high!!!!!!!!

thanks again for the info!!!
bob in phx.

Karl Townsend September 9th 07 11:08 PM

can someone identify this mill

thanks to all who responded... It does look like a benchmaster... I sure
would have like to have that old girl, but as I suspected, the price was
way too high!!!!!!!!

Call the guy back in two weeks. Ask him if he's come to his sences yet. I've
got many things for 1/4 of the first asked price this way.

Karl

Randy Replogle September 9th 07 11:15 PM

Karl Townsend wrote:
thanks to all who responded... It does look like a benchmaster... I sure
would have like to have that old girl, but as I suspected, the price was
way too high!!!!!!!!

Call the guy back in two weeks. Ask him if he's come to his sences yet. I've
got many things for 1/4 of the first asked price this way.

Karl

Well, I wouldn't actually ask *that*. He might not sell it to you out of
spite. Just ask if the mill s still available and offer whatever you're
willing to pay.
Randy