Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Well it is about time to do another reorganization of the ole home
shop. ;)

I am looking for suggestions as to what you have done to fit more
tools and supplies into your personal homeshop.

Well for me, I cleaned out the 8' x 8' storage shed out back and then put
the lawnmower and snowblower in it clearing more space in my gar^h^h^hshop.

At the moment, the woodburning stove my brother law gave me is going next
since I'm leary of installing it due to code and insurance issues.

Sam's Club sells some nice gorrilla shelves reasonably cheap. I have four
of them, got a bunch of stuff off the floor horizonally and on shelves
vertically.

You didn't specifify if this was a garage or basement shop. Trusses
overhead are a great place to put things just keep an eye on weights. Use
both sides of truss.

Then there is the difficult and painfull process of actually tossing
something out that has tied up space for years and never found use. Don't
hang your head in shame if you can't do it, most of use can't present
company included.

An of course the best solution if you have funds, EXPAND!

Wes

Shop Fox Tools Marty K Woodworking 6 April 15th 07 12:38 AM
shop-built tools [email protected] Woodworking 3 August 12th 06 02:01 AM
shop vac vs DC for small tools brianlanning Woodworking 10 February 28th 06 10:59 PM
Log too big for my shop tools ?!?! Mike Schwarz Woodworking 23 June 27th 05 09:07 AM
TOOLS! Great Holiday Gifts, selling a shop full of tools (AUBURN, WA pickup only): fred Woodworking 1 December 21st 04 07:25 AM