Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT, Plea for help. Looking for brass DC brush holder outfit

I'm working with a customer to manufacture brand new end
housings for some special DC motors. We need to source brush
holders. At first, I was thinking of using off the shelf
holders with insulating sleeves, but have an interest now in
sourcing something closer to the existing brush holder and
making our own insulating sleeves.

Last week while browsing late at night, I found a small US
company that machines brush holders out of brass, and sells
them uninsulated. Near as I recall, it was a single page
website.

Needless to say, I failed to bookmark it, and cannot find it
in my browser's history. I've spent over 6 hours trying to
find it again, via Google, Thomas Online and GlobalSpec.

Does anyone recognize the page I'm talking about, or know of
any US manufacturers of machined brass brush holders for a
1/8 x 1/4 brush, with a length of about 1.6"?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 13:40:03 -0700, Jon Anderson
wrote:

Does anyone recognize the page I'm talking about, or know of
any US manufacturers of machined brass brush holders for a
1/8 x 1/4 brush, with a length of about 1.6"?

try
http://ledas.com/press/LGS-Technos-press-may-2007.pdf
http://www.nema.org/mfgs/graphite.cfm
http://www.helwigcarbon.com/
http://www.thomasnet.com/products/ho...8500401-1.html
http://www.macraesbluebook.com/searc...d_Code=9001169
and a whole bunch more
google on "brush holders" fractional
for 18k hits.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
============
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.

OT-Abramoff plea deal fallout Hawke Metalworking 43 January 9th 06 05:23 AM
OT EMS Plea George Woodworking 0 October 29th 04 11:19 PM
Fwd: Plea from my Father-in-law Ikie Cabolacov Metalworking 4 July 30th 04 11:54 PM
Phone Line Problem - Plea barry martin Home Repair 1 July 3rd 04 03:09 PM