DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What is it? CXCVI (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/213737-re-what-cxcvi.html)

axolotl September 8th 07 06:34 PM

What is it? CXCVI

DoN. Nichols wrote:

1082. Splicing block for 1/4" magnetic tape.

More precisley, an EdiTall block, patented by Joe Tall.

I still have mine -- double-stick foam taped to the head cover
on my Ampex 440B.

If I had only known. I threw away the service manual set for the 440B/C.

Kevin Gallimore

DoN. Nichols September 9th 07 03:44 AM

What is it? CXCVI

According to axolotl :
DoN. Nichols wrote:

1082. Splicing block for 1/4" magnetic tape.

More precisley, an EdiTall block, patented by Joe Tall.

I still have mine -- double-stick foam taped to the head cover
on my Ampex 440B.

If I had only known. I threw away the service manual set for the 440B/C.

Thanks -- but I already have the manual set -- bought from Ampex
after I got the recorder from a government surplus auction.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564