Old September 10th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default bearings and keyways and shafts, oh my!

In article ,
Pete Keillor wrote:

... Try Motion Industries or another bearing house.

You know, there must be a special circle of hell reserved for web
developers who use javascript to do the job that a simple href tag
could do. Their web page is nearly unusable. Thanks for the pointer
though. Maybe I'll order a paper catalog from them.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Old September 10th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
RoyJ wrote:
The better competitors to Tractor Supply should have the bearings and
sprockets you need for the 1" to 1-1/2" range of shafts. In the midwest
we have Fleet Farm. If that doesn't work these folks are ok on standard
parts. http://www.surpluscenter.com/powerTr...ame=powerTrans

Ahh, yes. I'd been looking at them for electric motors. Thanks for the
pointer.

Old September 11th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 9, 2:44 am, Gunner wrote:
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:26:57 +0000 (UTC), (Edward

A. Falk) wrote:
OK, folks, I'm curious as to where I should shop for such things.
Someone directed me to Hub City, but all I found there were bearings.
I tried Tractor Supply Co., but found even less.

Tell me, where can I go shopping for these basic parts?

KeywaysRUs.

I buy my keyways from them. Prices are great! Shipping is neglible.

I also get most of my keyholes from them. Imported..shrug..but within
specs.

Gunner

KeywaysRUs? I'll never buy from them again.

Usually, they ship in labelled poly bags. Last time, though, they
just threw them all into one big box - no labelling, no bubble wrap,
nothing! They came through without any damage, but I'll be damned if
I will sort through them all. What a mess!

From now on, I'm buying locally. One size at a time.

John Martin