Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Al Al is offline

Default Little Machine Shop!

First a disclaimer:

I do not now nor have I ever worked for Little Machine Ship.
Although I live about 120 miles south of LMS I have never visited their
store!
I have never spoken directly with any employee of LMS!
My only contact with them has been on-line.
I have never complemented an on-line seller before, anywhere (this is my
first after being on-line since the early 90's)!

I just received my 5th order from Little Machine Shop:

In every case their service has been beyond reproach. Order was received
(in every case) without backorder and exactly as presented in their catalog.

Shipping IS EXCEPTIONAL. The order that I received today (33lbs+) was
ordered in the afternoon of Sep. 04, 2007 and received in the afternoon of
Sep. 06, 2007.

In every case my order was received by the 3rd day without any additional
surcharge.

Prices are in the middle of the road with some amazing exceptions. Some
tools (20pc end mill set for example) are much less and better quality than
the Harbor Freight equal.

They can't be beaten for mini-lathe, mini&micro-mill replacement parts!

Had to post this, I'm so impressed with Little Machine Shop!!

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/

Al

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Trevor Jones" wrote in message
news_%Di.22159$bO6.9035@edtnps89...
Al wrote:
[...]

Geez.

Only a two hour drive away. And you never been there?

Shake yourself loose man! What were you thinking?

:-)

I have not dealt with them directly yet, but they do seem a pretty class
outfit, from the looks of what I have seen and heard.

Cheers
Trevor Jones

(who has driven four hours to go to an auction sale, more than once!)

I have dealt with them about 4 times and always had excellent service.
The website is also better than average, stuff is easy to find and most
questions about fit and compatibility are answered right there.

The owner is also very knowledgeable and helpful.
All in all en example of what business ought to be and use to be before
corporate greed screwed up everything.

Mauro

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Al wrote:
[...]

Are you sure you're name isn't Al "Little"?
Randy
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Me too. I have ordered from them several times always great service...Rog

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:49:15 -0700, the renowned "Al"
wrote:

[...]

They are definitely a class act.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 6, 6:49 pm, "Al" wrote:
...Little Machine Ship....
Al

Due to MSC's prices and Enco's snotty reaction to my computer's rather
high security settings, I've been buying from the smaller outfits and
so far have had very good luck with them.

jw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Al" wrote in message
First a disclaimer:

Had to post this, I'm so impressed with Little Machine Shop!!

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/

Me, too. I've ordered online and bought from them in person at Cabin Fever
and NAMES. Great people, great products.

-Carl
--
The future isn't what it used to be.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Al" wrote:

[...]

I concur. LMS has really gone out of the way to make me happy... more
than I'd ever have expected from anyone.

I hope to get there personally one of these days.

-Bruno
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Al" wrote:

I do not now nor have I ever worked for Little Machine Ship.
Although I live about 120 miles south of LMS I have never visited their
store!

And you have not been there? You driving a Hummer?

I just received my 5th order from Little Machine Shop:

In every case their service has been beyond reproach. Order was received
(in every case) without backorder and exactly as presented in their catalog.

Shipping IS EXCEPTIONAL. The order that I received today (33lbs+) was
ordered in the afternoon of Sep. 04, 2007 and received in the afternoon of
Sep. 06, 2007.

A lot of that depends on where UPS points are in relation to you and the
seller. On a good day www.wttool.com is overnite on ground shipping. Two
days worst case.

Prices are in the middle of the road with some amazing exceptions. Some
tools (20pc end mill set for example) are much less and better quality than
the Harbor Freight equal.

I shop Meijers and Walmart for food and such. Walmart seldom has deals but
Meijers does. On a day Meijers doesn't have a deal Walmart is cheaper. Some
call that 'loss leaders', something to get you in the door and hopefully
make it up on the extras you buy.

They can't be beaten for mini-lathe, mini&micro-mill replacement parts!

They do seem focused on that segment of metalworking so I do not doubt you
on that.

Had to post this, I'm so impressed with Little Machine Shop!!

It is always nice to be able to say these are great people to deal with
instead of these rat *******s fcuked me over.

For the record, enco and msc are pretty good. McMaster-Carr takes two days
but 4.95 is the ups on light items. At the price of gas today and even
having a 35 mpg automobile, it is cheaper to order a 3 dollar item I need
and have them send it to me rather than drive 44 miles to the nearest city
that may or may not have it.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Al" wrote:

[...]

LMS needs to open a new MMS division for us folks with slightly larger
machines.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 03:11:07 GMT, "Pete C."
wrote:

LMS needs to open a new MMS division for us folks with slightly larger
machines.

See http://hhip.com/

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
Merchants have no country.
The mere spot they stand on
does not constitute so strong an attachment
as that from which they draw their gains.

Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826),
U.S. president. Letter, 17 March 1814.