Old August 30th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How many stupidities can you notice in this Craigslist ad

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no
way to contact seller.

"No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email."

It's right there, push the button.

Randy

Old August 30th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:53:31 -0400, Randy Replogle wrote:
Ignoramus3147 wrote:

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no
way to contact seller.

"No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email."

It's right there, push the button.

but the seller could not reply to that ...

Old August 30th 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Well at least he knows it's a stick welder. Saw one listed
as a 'wire feed welder'....

Jon
Old August 30th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 12:02:34 -0700, wrote:
On Aug 30, 2:39 pm, Ignoramus3147
wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:36:53 -0700, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 08:43:43 -0500, Ignoramus3147
wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Starting with the price?

And ending with no contact information.

Actually, Craig's List automatically provides you with a direct link
to the seller, and hopefully when contacted will provide you with both
his/her email address and telephone number.

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no
way to contact seller.

I've been using Craig's List for local sale of things that I don't
want to ship, like a Ford Bronco and 10 ranks of pipe organ pipes and
have no complaints. I find it a wonderful resources, for buyers and
sellers that eventually come face to face.

I am happy for you, but in this specific instance, the dumb seller
left no way to contact him or her.

Most buyer would take a close look at that $800 welder that this guy
is selling, and determine for themselves if is worth the money and by
seeing it in operation first hand.

If they could get in touch with the seller, that is.

What's wrong with using the 'Send Note' button?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old August 31st 07, 01:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Aug 30, 2:39 pm, Ignoramus3147
Unfortunately Craig's List is getting a bad name here in this area,
because it has been a haven for 'hookers' and prostitues to post on
the 'personals' pages, which if I was managing Craig's List, I'l
eliminate these categories.

Hey,
That is also someone selling their private goods ;-) yet more evidence that
craigslist is a wonderful resource, for buyers and sellers that eventually
come face to face.

Shaun

Old August 31st 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote in
:

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/tls/409323284.html

Well at least he knows it's a stick welder. Saw one listed
as a 'wire feed welder'....

Jon

Well, technically it is a wire feed welder, a short wire and hand fed, but
a wire feed welder none the less

Bill
Old August 31st 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ignoramus3147" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:06:21 GMT, Leo Lichtman
wrote:

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

That's a good one too, and the one I overlooked. The one I saw was
that there was no way to contact the seller. (maybe the seller will
revise this ad)

Actually, if you look at the bottom of the ad, there is a link to have
craigslist contact te seller.

Mike

Old August 31st 07, 03:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Ignoramus3147" wrote: Good job. Try to find the other one.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Since it comes with an electric outlet, does it come with the wall?

That's a good one too, and the one I overlooked. The one I saw was
that there was no way to contact the seller. (maybe the seller will
revise this ad)

Actually, if you look at the bottom of the ad, there is a link to have
craigslist contact te seller.

But not a link for you to contact the seller. The link is to remind
the seller that he ****ed up.

Old August 31st 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Several weeks ago I advertised a valve grinder for sale and within 2
days I received 3 e-mails saying something like:

SNIP.
I did not bite on these and I won't include my e-mail address with
anymore ads.

You can get as many free email addresses as you want on yahoo, etc.
I never give my main eddress out to anyone but friends, and have a another
for ebay/paypal/bank, important business etc, and a few more for anything
public to filter out the spam.
Stupendous Man
Defender of Liberty, Advocate of Justice

Old August 31st 07, 04:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus3147 wrote:

Read the actual ad again and you will see for yourself. There is no
way to contact seller.

"No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email."

It's right there, push the button.

but the seller could not reply to that ...

Sigh. Once again, proving your name.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 9th 07 03:33 PM
*** OFFICIAL NOTICE *** [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 27th 06 04:16 PM
Consumer Notice ? john Home Ownership 20 August 20th 06 05:41 PM
building notice Tim Smith UK diy 4 June 1st 05 09:01 PM