Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for Metric "chain"

Must be "Joe asks questions" week or something...

I'm searching for a source on chain... Not drive chain, but the type that
conveyors use for "hanging" loads, etc.

The specifics that I have a

30MM pitch (1.181")
20MM height (.787")
28.5MM or 1-1/8" "width"

The smallest metric chain my suppliers offer start at 60MM... Anyone have a
good source?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

www.martinsprocket.com

Anybody have any links for putting a gold or chrome color finish on
blackened socket head cap screws?

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message
Must be "Joe asks questions" week or something...

I'm searching for a source on chain... Not drive chain, but the type that
conveyors use for "hanging" loads, etc.

The specifics that I have a

30MM pitch (1.181")
20MM height (.787")
28.5MM or 1-1/8" "width"

The smallest metric chain my suppliers offer start at 60MM... Anyone have
a good source?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:29:26 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Must be "Joe asks questions" week or something...

I'm searching for a source on chain... Not drive chain, but the type that
conveyors use for "hanging" loads, etc.

The specifics that I have a

30MM pitch (1.181")
20MM height (.787")
28.5MM or 1-1/8" "width"

Ametric shows it in their print catalog as DIN 8164, and attachments
as a separate listing. You need to register to use the online catalog
- I didn't take the time...
http://www.ametric.com/product_list.htm

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ametric shows it in their print catalog as DIN 8164, and attachments
as a separate listing. You need to register to use the online catalog
- I didn't take the time...
http://www.ametric.com/product_list.htm

Looked in the book for it... Didn't find it... Thus my post. Should have
called them directly. I should have known they have it and I just didn't
look in the right place.

I think I have their datavase saved locally here somewhere... Or I'll call
'em.

Thank you.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Must be "Joe asks questions" week or something...

I'm searching for a source on chain... Not drive chain, but the type that
conveyors use for "hanging" loads, etc.

The specifics that I have a

30MM pitch (1.181")
20MM height (.787")
28.5MM or 1-1/8" "width"

Ametric shows it in their print catalog as DIN 8164, and attachments
as a separate listing. You need to register to use the online catalog
- I didn't take the time...
http://www.ametric.com/product_list.htm

Ned,

Did you actually find that part number in a print catalog? After a longer,
more in depth search, our catalog still doesn't show it and a call to
Ametric led to a discussion about how they don't have "DIN 8164."

If you have a page in a catalog, I'd love to fax it to Ametric and tell
them, "This DIN 8164", etc.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 20:02:56 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Ned,

Did you actually find that part number in a print catalog? After a longer,
more in depth search, our catalog still doesn't show it and a call to
Ametric led to a discussion about how they don't have "DIN 8164."

If you have a page in a catalog, I'd love to fax it to Ametric and tell
them, "This DIN 8164", etc.

The chain is on p.7 in catalog no. 0103. The table is titled "Metric
Solid Bush Chain" and the 30 x 20 mm is Ametric chain no. 430. The
metric attachment chain is on pp.12-13; the 30mm is chain no. 630.1

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The chain is on p.7 in catalog no. 0103. The table is titled "Metric
Solid Bush Chain" and the 30 x 20 mm is Ametric chain no. 430. The
metric attachment chain is on pp.12-13; the 30mm is chain no. 630.1

As they say in my favorite restaurant... Muchos nachos!

Thank you... Much appreciated. I'll pull the catalog out again in a few
hours and check it out / make another phone call to them.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R