Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Yes! We're #1!

RCM only

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 00:52:30 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people

By Laura MacInnis Tue Aug 28, 1:25 PM ET

GENEVA (Reuters) - The United States has 90 guns for every 100
citizens, making it the most heavily armed society in the world, a
report released on Tuesday said.

U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known
firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based
Graduate Institute of International Studies.

About 4.5 million of the 8 million new guns manufactured worldwide
each year are purchased in the United States, it said.

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.
Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per
10 people," it said.

Yet there are only 11,640 gun homicides per year. That's a pretty low
figure AND it includes gang deaths. I wonder why HCI and the Brady
Bunch can't get that through their skulls.

I hope we stay #1!

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
RCM only

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.
Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per
10 people," it said.

Yet there are only 11,640 gun homicides per year. That's a pretty low
figure AND it includes gang deaths. I wonder why HCI and the Brady
Bunch can't get that through their skulls.

I hope we stay #1!

Hell, that's no worse than a bad month in Baghdad.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:46:48 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
RCM only

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.
Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per
10 people," it said.

Yet there are only 11,640 gun homicides per year. That's a pretty low
figure AND it includes gang deaths. I wonder why HCI and the Brady
Bunch can't get that through their skulls.

I hope we stay #1!

Hell, that's no worse than a bad month in Baghdad.

But the USA is a bit larger than that city, Ed. I like the odds of
survival much better over here right now.

--

According to our strength of character and our clarity of vision, we will
endure, we will succeed, we will have contributed something to make life
where we were and as we lived it better, brighter, and more beautiful.
-- Frank Lloyd Wright
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:46:48 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
RCM only

"There is roughly one firearm for every seven people worldwide.
Without the United States, though, this drops to about one firearm per
10 people," it said.

Yet there are only 11,640 gun homicides per year. That's a pretty low
figure AND it includes gang deaths. I wonder why HCI and the Brady
Bunch can't get that through their skulls.

I hope we stay #1!

Hell, that's no worse than a bad month in Baghdad.

But the USA is a bit larger than that city, Ed. I like the odds of
survival much better over here right now.

Oh, no doubt about it. It's a lot safer here than in Baghdad.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:36:02 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Hell, that's no worse than a bad month in Baghdad.

But the USA is a bit larger than that city, Ed. I like the odds of
survival much better over here right now.

Oh, no doubt about it. It's a lot safer here than in Baghdad.

I think I feel much better now. Maybe.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Hell, that's no worse than a bad month in Baghdad.

But the USA is a bit larger than that city, Ed. I like the odds of
survival much better over here right now.

Oh, no doubt about it. It's a lot safer here than in Baghdad.

I think I feel much better now. Maybe.

--
Ned Simmons

Our criminals are really lousy shots, for the most part. The chance that
they'll actually hit anything they aim at are pretty slim.

--
Ed Huntress